Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2020, 08:40 AM

Russia to the Rescue

Theres no more solidarity in the EU anymore as Italy begs for help from Russia as the EU commission ignore them, Germany turns it's back and their people suffer 800 deaths in one day while their health service falls apart.

Where is von der Leyen ?

... this can't be a further acceleration of the EU project can it ?

Can it ?

That "dotted line to Russia" I posted in my other thread looks a bit more solid this morning.

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-he...-idUKKBN21907V
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2020, 12:01 PM

Re: Russia to the Rescue

What do China & Russia have in common?

Well, clearly they both want to help other Countries, in this world, by providing on site assistance with the running of programs, and possibly, entire Countries.

They also both have extensive knowledge of the Virus & of Germ warfare.

They are so unselfish.

They'll even save lives elsewhere before their own people.

We should all be truly grateful.

Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2020, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->

Well, clearly they both want to help other Countries, in this world, by providing on site assistance with the running of programs, and possibly, entire Countries.

They are so unselfish.

They are also communist countries that share the EU ideology. Putin wants his countries back
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2020, 12:57 PM

They are so unselfish.

What a turn up for the books Ted?
We had the so called collapse of communism!
Now we have the collapse ot capitalism?
And they offer us aid!

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔🤔🤔
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2020, 03:28 PM

All a bit fishy to me!
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2020, 03:41 PM

They are so unselfish.

Your post sounds very much iran's answer to america's offer to help.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2020, 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
What a turn up for the books Ted?
We had the so called collapse of communism!
Now we have the collapse ot capitalism?
And they offer us aid!
If anyone should read back far enough(!), they'd see that I have always said that Russia is not our natural enemy. That position belongs to the Frogs.

Yes, Russia was seen as a serious threat at one time. Hence the formation of NATO (the EU claims the same, of course, though they were a decade too late!)

I maintain that Russia yearns only for a group of 'buffer states' for its own protection, after having almost lost its nation to Nazi Germany, and I can well understand that.

Yes, I see Russia as more of a friend than certain EU countries, especially France.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2020, 12:49 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
If anyone should read back far enough(!), they'd see that I have always said that Russia is not our natural enemy. That position belongs to the Frogs.

Yes, Russia was seen as a serious threat at one time. Hence the formation of NATO (the EU claims the same, of course, though they were a decade too late!)

I maintain that Russia yearns only for a group of 'buffer states' for its own protection, after having almost lost its nation to Nazi Germany, and I can well understand that.

Yes, I see Russia as more of a friend than certain EU countries, especially France.
Go back a year ( https://www.over50sforum.com/showthr...+member&page=2 ) and you will see that I suggested russia could take the place in the EU that the UK vacated.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2020, 01:25 PM

It would seem that the EU are prepared to help others before the countries within the EU. While the EU has given twenty million euros to Iran, they've effectively thrown Italy under the bus. Not only that, they blame Italy for the pandemic in the first place.

https://www.rt.com/newsline/483860-e...rian-aid-iran/

https://www.rt.com/news/483897-italy...darity-russia/
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

24-03-2020, 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
It would seem that the EU are prepared to help others before the countries within the EU. While the EU has given twenty million euros to Iran, they've effectively thrown Italy under the bus. Not only that, they blame Italy for the pandemic in the first place.

https://www.rt.com/newsline/483860-e...rian-aid-iran/

https://www.rt.com/news/483897-italy...darity-russia/
Just curious. Now that you are an independent country, out of the EU, how much help did you offer iran, or any other country for that matter?
Thought so.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top