Join for free
Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2018, 08:44 PM

Re: My latest 'Toy'

Originally Posted by FridgeMagnet ->
There is a permanently attached rotating pressure valve. The lid is locked during the cooking process.
Actually, am I talking through my bottom here, do I mean weights or pressure valve in the long ago pressure cookers - I can't remember.

Thinking about it, it must be the pressure valve I mean, and that I was frightened of. It's well over 30 yrs ago anyway, so I'm entitled to forget
FridgeMagnet
Loch Lomond & Trossachs National Park
FridgeMagnet is male  FridgeMagnet has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2018, 08:46 PM

In the Stone Age weights did act as the pressure valve
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2018, 08:47 PM

In the Stone Age weights did act as the pressure valve
FridgeMagnet
FridgeMagnet is male  FridgeMagnet has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2018, 09:09 PM

BTW. I’m not trying to get anyone to buy one. I’m just showing something off that I recently acquired and am very pleased with.
I appreciate that it wouldn’t be everyone’s cup of tea. But it suits me.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK

11-07-2018, 09:13 PM

It's always a good feeling buying something new that makes us happy in some way.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2018, 11:15 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
There is a knack to it Sweetie darlin' - you'll just have to practice more to learn the knack of doing it to your own satisfaction.
True. But it more than satisfies us. And that’s the bottom line.
Can someone start a curry thread please.
That way I can try your recipe's.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2018, 11:56 PM

Simple! You just chuck everything in the pot. Bung the lid on and press go. Even a 50 year old could do it!
but heh she's not 50??
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2018, 02:24 AM

Just remember. This is a pressure cooker with a built in computer! You just add the correct ingredients. The computer will adjust to the correct temperature. Cook for the appropriate time then turn itself off. It can even be set to a preset time to switch on and cook later in the day.
FridgeMagnet, do you have a link so I can see what these look like. Or tell me what to google to get a picture of it.

Sounds like I would like to have this. I had a pressure cooker years ago, but I was scared of it.
I love food cooked by steam. I always steam my veggies.

I like the idea of it turning itself off.

Thanks
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2018, 02:31 AM

Is this it??

FridgeMagnet

12-07-2018, 06:11 AM

Originally Posted by wild blueberry ->
FridgeMagnet, do you have a link so I can see what these look like. Or tell me what to google to get a picture of it.

Sounds like I would like to have this. I had a pressure cooker years ago, but I was scared of it.
I love food cooked by steam. I always steam my veggies.

I like the idea of it turning itself off.

Thanks
You can find it on the High Street TV shopping channel or the High street tv website. Although I got mine from Argos. They are also available from Amazon.
Just noticed. You’re in Canada. So will have to find your own outlets. But the picture you posted is very similar.

Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top