Join for free
Page 5 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2021, 05:33 PM

Re: Amanda Holden breaks lockdown rules with 400 mile trip

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
For many, her biggest sin is that she is successful and wealthy. Some people resent that because they hate anyone who has lots of money.

I wonder, if Amanda Holden had lived on a run down sink estate and went to see her distressed parent would there have been such an uproar as this, by some?

I don’t think there would be. It’s her success and wealth that is the problem here and the hatred of it.
Ah ..... you're an amateur psychologist .....
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2021, 05:39 PM

For many, her biggest sin is that she is successful and wealthy. Some people resent that because they hate anyone who has lots of money.

I wonder, if Amanda Holden had lived on a run down sink estate and went to see her distressed parent would there have been such an uproar as this, by some?

I don’t think there would be. It’s her success and wealth that is the problem here and the hatred of it.

I tend to agree. How many of the great general public have been named and shamed? Very few and why? Because it doesn't sell papers.
Many people are quick to point out the privilege of the so called them and us society but I wonder how many would be willing to have their every movement paraded in the papers?
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2021, 05:56 PM

'Devastated' Amanda Holden takes week off radio show after Cornwall trip drama

https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebri...-week-23498979

Amanda will not be hosting her Heart Breakfast radio show for the next week during February half-term as part of a planned break.

This means Amanda will not need to immediately address her recent trip to Cornwall on the show.
By sheer coincidence .....
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2021, 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
'Devastated' Amanda Holden takes week off radio show after Cornwall trip drama

https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebri...-week-23498979

By sheer coincidence .....
She probably read this venomous thread you started about her!!
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

14-02-2021, 06:18 PM

She probably read this venomous thread you started about her!!
"Venomous" .....

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dic...glish/venomous

venomous: adjective (HATE)

full of anger or hate
I don't believe that I've used any "anger or hate" words or emoticons .....

ETA I've just checked and I haven't .....
Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2021, 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by Cass ->
I tend to agree. How many of the great general public have been named and shamed? Very few and why? Because it doesn't sell papers.
Many people are quick to point out the privilege of the so called them and us society but I wonder how many would be willing to have their every movement paraded in the papers?
Look at the numerous times over the years Holden has used the media to attract attention to herself, mainly because of the body revealing outfits she tends to wear. Then when the media turns against her because of something she was not supposed to have done, she hides from them.

Media critics have always said, you cannot use the media like it is your own personal play thing, that you can turn on and off when you want. People who court the media have to learn to take the rough with the smooth. Holden has had it smooth for an extremely long time. Now it's gone a bit rough, she hides.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2021, 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by Dodge ->
Look at the numerous times over the years Holden has used the media to attract attention to herself, mainly because of the body revealing outfits she tends to wear. Then when the media turns against her because of something she was not supposed to have done, she hides from them.

Media critics have always said, you cannot use the media like it is your own personal play thing, that you can turn on and off when you want. People who court the media have to learn to take the rough with the smooth. Holden has had it smooth for an extremely long time. Now it's gone a bit rough, she hides.

I wouldn't know about Amanda Holden perse. I don't really see her on TV. I certainly don't read newspapers.
my comment was a general observation whether it be royalty or film stars or pop stars that people are quick to point out ' oh they are so privileged, they have money so they can do what they like',, they fail to see that these people also have paparazzi going through their rubbish bins and people sticking telephoto lenses into their hotel rooms.
the point is that they may have a lot of money and a lot of privileges but they also have a complete lack of privacy , something that most people would not be willing to give up.
As for her clothing dear lord have you looked at the high street lately? most people seem to have some part of their anatomy hanging out I'm not sure whether it's purposely or unintentionally but most of it shouldn't be displayed anytime before the watershed.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2021, 07:59 PM

amanda holden? ... just googled her, tits hanging out, spells trouble.
scot37
Aberdeenshire
scot37 is male  scot37 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2021, 08:31 PM

Don't know much about Amanda Holden but like all celebs she likes to keep herself in the news. I don't think this one was planned though.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2021, 12:46 AM

On the one hand, since people such as Holden are only celebs due to them having a sufficient "following", they also have a degree of responsibility (although that might be putting the case too strongly) in terms of being a role model.

But, related to this, their careers can be fragile. Holden isn't stupid and will obviously be aware of how this action might be perceived. We don't know the details which led her to make the trip (indeed it's non of our business), but it seems reasonable to suggest that she felt it important enough to take the risk of it ruining her reputation and hence media future.

Page 5 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top