Join for free
Page 5 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2021, 09:11 PM

Re: Do you find that you never stop learning?

Yes, of course. I'm sure that I never stop learning.
Everything I read; everything I hear; everything I see.
But with one limitation: I have to find it interesting or it just doesn't sink in.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2021, 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
This is an exceptional approach to life and learning, ST and I wholly agree with you!

I am especially excited about all the (free) open courseware that many universities are offering - Stanford, Harvard, and Yale to name a few. My daughter, worried about taking chemistry in the fall, is currently prepping by taking a course at MIT. Incredible!
Thank you, Surfermom. I hope your daughter enjoys her course.

Haven't seen you about for a while - appropriate you should pop in today as I have just received a new die set from US - results in 'Leisure' !
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2021, 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by DianneWoollie ->
It is good to be amongst..mm ermmm oh yes asking for a weather report...or was it what day is it..can manage that....guessing its Tuesday..right or wrong?
I agree. Weather sometimes changes but the learning remains. Working Sunday, shelving things like chicken fillets or even veggie sausage rolls. Still!
UkGameCoder
UK
UkGameCoder is male 

11-07-2021, 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
I Love Harry...........you’ve learnt that today!..
That's probably the most useful thing I've learned on this forum. Will be careful when expressing my opinions about the Royal Family in order to avoid upsetting you!
Dachs
Germany
Dachs is male  Dachs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2021, 12:54 PM

Do you find that you never stop learning?
Yes, I do. Who said that people would stop learning?
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2021, 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by Dachs ->
Yes, I do. Who said that people would stop learning?
Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
I wrote that but it never was a statement, it was a question (see title of the thread):

Do you find that you never stop learning?
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2021, 02:20 PM

My Brain's showing signs of being over full.

It's fine saying that you never want to stop learning but, surely, that's got to be somewhere for it all to go?

My Noggin seems to have kept items from eight and a half decades ago.

It tends to pull them all out at unwanted times, or misses out important dates, facts ,etc.

It needs clearing up.

So my master plan is to write a de-frag program for the Brain.

It will clean up any confused messages, put things back in the right groups, e.g. engineering in the Mechanical Group, Sex in the History Group, Money in the Challenge Group, et cetera.

After running, there will be lots of new and empty space.
Most important stuff near the mouth, so it can get out quicker.

Just a Weekend thought....!

Maywalk
Leicestershire
Maywalk is female  Maywalk has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2021, 06:44 PM

Yes I am still learning at the age of 91.
I am in hospital at the moment getting over a broken bone in my spine but I have my I-pad with me to peruse as well as Face Timing my family and only wish more older folk knew how to do it.
I can also look up anything that I don’t know much about and I get quite intrigued with some of the replies I get up.
At the rate I am going I will be the most learned in the burial ground. LOL
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2021, 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by Maywalk ->
Yes I am still learning at the age of 91.
I am in hospital at the moment getting over a broken bone in my spine but I have my I-pad with me to peruse as well as Face Timing my family and only wish more older folk knew how to do it.
I can also look up anything that I don’t know much about and I get quite intrigued with some of the replies I get up.
At the rate I am going I will be the most learned in the burial ground. LOL
Hello Maywalk....get better soon! And good for you being so techy minded!
Maywalk
Leicestershire
Maywalk is female  Maywalk has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2021, 07:09 PM

Many thanks Pixie.
I would not be without my computer or my I-pad.
It helps to keep me occupied because there are a lot of things I can’t do now. If only more elderly folk would try doing it there would not be half so many old ones being lonely.

Page 5 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top