Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2021, 05:35 PM

Re: Trainers

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Your too classy for me Art...go away!....

I live in my smelly old trainers..

You are right about them smelling though.

Even foot powder doesn’t help , every time I walked all you could see was powder dust being released into the air.

My son has inherited my smelly sweaty feet...

Even my hands sweat.
Pauline, I am not classy at all.... maybe more old-fashioned!!
At home, l love to be in my scruffs. It’s when l am at my most happiest.

I love how you admitted that trainers do smell, you are very brave!
Then again, you are sporty, l am totally not!! My exercise is got in my garden!!
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2021, 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Rhian, Are you tall? I am only 5’ 2” and need a heel to give me some height.

Besides, flat shoes make the back of my legs hurt.

All my daughters wear trainers... and clodhopper boots but they are tall and look good in them.
I'm 5ft 5 in the morning Art!!!
So I'm not too short!
I love wearing heels on nights out etc. They make me feel a million dollars but when I have to walk far, I'm afraid only my brown suede chelsea boots or trainers will do the job these days!
Dachs
Germany
Dachs is male  Dachs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2021, 06:09 PM

I have got five pairs and need them mainly for running and gardening and also wear them when going for long walks with friends. I also wear them when going shopping making sure I don't get footsore too soon.
Trainers may get smelly if they are worn without socks and if worn for too long and not cared for properly. And I'd venture to say that not everyone has sweaty feet which often are a major reason for smelly trainers.
Ripple
Ripple is female  Ripple has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2021, 06:35 PM

I’ve 3 pairs of trainers all Skechers. I used to wear Birkenstocks but now it’s my sketchers trainers.
They are comfortable , one pair black for dog walking another black i wear for going out, I’ve worn with dresses but mainly with trousers jeans. The last I’ve just got white leather not worn them yet but love them already
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2021, 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by Dachs ->
I have got five pairs and need them mainly for running and gardening and also wear them when going for long walks with friends. I also wear them when going shopping making sure I don't get footsore too soon.
Trainers may get smelly if they are worn without socks and if worn for too long and not cared for properly. And I'd venture to say that not everyone has sweaty feet which often are a major reason for smelly trainers.
I couldn't imagine wearing anything without socks....well, apart from sandals that is. But trainers without socks, no thanks!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2021, 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
I couldn't imagine wearing anything without socks....well, apart from sandals that is. But trainers without socks, no thanks!

Me neither .
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2021, 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
Indeed!
That's why they made trainer socks
Ripple
Ripple is female  Ripple has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2021, 06:56 PM

Wear trainer socks or little pair of sock I often wear black short socks with black trainers and crops
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2021, 07:35 PM

I wear trainers most of the time. Merrell being the preferred make. Mrs mart would soon tell me if they made my feet smell but I don't seem to be prone to that. I once had a Clarkes leather shoes that were awfully pongy by the end of a summer's day. I was made to keep them outside.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2021, 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by mart ->
I wear trainers most of the time. Merrell being the preferred make. Mrs mart would soon tell me if they made my feet smell but I don't seem to be prone to that. I once had a Clarkes leather shoes that were awfully pongy by the end of a summer's day. I was made to keep them outside.
I like Merrell too...they make nice women's ones.

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top