Join for free
Page 748 of 754 « First < 248 648 698 738 746 747 748 749 750 > Last »
Bonnie14
Blantyre UK
Bonnie14 is female  Bonnie14 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2021, 03:12 PM

Re: Over 50's Club Scotland (part 3)

Jess it is a never ending task.
Trying to have a wee read in garden in the shade as can only last 5 or 10 mins in that heat. However the police helicopter has been circling overhead for the past couple of hours. Live near the River Calder think that’s where they are searching.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2021, 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by Bonnie14 ->
Jess it is a never ending task.
Trying to have a wee read in garden in the shade as can only last 5 or 10 mins in that heat. However the police helicopter has been circling overhead for the past couple of hours. Live near the River Calder think that’s where they are searching.

Not so good Bonnie, We get the yellow rescue chopper here a lot, as tourists will get their silly selves trapped in the sea caves. They never learn to check the bloody tides.
I almost got trapped myself a few years back, the tide was finally down low enough for me to get round to a big cave I'd been wanting to explore. I thought I had enough time, WRONG..... The tide came in very very fast and the dog and I had to run for it. The waves were round my knees in seconds and if I hadn't had a hold of Dageus's collar he'd have been swept away. I was shaking by the time we got back round to the sands. Never again.
Bonnie14
Blantyre UK
Bonnie14 is female  Bonnie14 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2021, 03:57 PM

Wow Roxy that sounds really frightening.
The river near me is not at all deep but it is surrounded by a lot of woodland. In fact that where I go walking a lot but never on my own. If the police are chasing someone that’s where they run for cover. But It is normally quite quiet round here making it sound like the Wild West !
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2021, 05:24 PM

It was scary Bonnie, I took this off Google Earth, you see the wee path of sand leading to the cave at the furthest left. I'd never seen the tide out far enough from that curve of rock that cuts the cave off, then one morning it was, so me n the dog slipped round to the cave. Tide was several yards away so I thought I have just enough time to have a quick look and maybe a couple of photos. WRONG, the tide had already been coming back in and was cutting us off in seconds. I never told my partner about that morning as he's go nuts at me and I'd deserve it too, we could have been killed.
The photo of Dageus is the safe side of the rocks, the cave is just the other side of them, it's usually like this even at low tide cutting off the way to the cave. So near and yet so far away.

valentinojess
largs, scotland
valentinojess is female  valentinojess has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2021, 05:58 PM

Bonnie I tried to sit out in the garden, but it was to hot. I even wore a hat going to the shops, still quite warm here at the moment. Roxy that must have been a scary experience for you, glad you managed to get out safely from the cave.
Bonnie14
Blantyre UK

20-07-2021, 06:07 PM

Amazing escape Roxy but as you say you have learned a lesson !
Jess 5 minutes is my stretch then into the shade !
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.

20-07-2021, 06:12 PM

I am just glad we did get back in one piece Jess, I must have been having a brainless day. I will never try to reach it again, ever. Even if the tide is low enough. I have a video of those waves from that bit, will see if I can find it. I also found a video on YouTube of a couple being rescued by the coastguards, they got trapped down in that cave. I will look them out and post them tomorrow, I can't do it from the tablet, I need to be on the computer.
valentinojess
largs, scotland
valentinojess is female  valentinojess has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2021, 09:09 PM

Bonnie its still quite warm out there, just watered the garden. Roxy looking forward to seeing the pictures tomorrow.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.

21-07-2021, 11:14 AM

Morning All, Grey Day here so far, and I'm happy about that as I can get outside again and get on with some weeding and grass cutting. Raked out those videos and they will let you see what I was talking about. First one is the safe side of the rocks, I was just standing there answering a text from my daughter and next thing thing the waves were rushing at me. AND this was a quiet day.
The rescue one I found on Youtube but it's not one of mine, It's a bit hazy, but again you get the feel of things, this was right above the cave.

valentinojess
largs, scotland

21-07-2021, 01:44 PM

Hi Roxy that is scary I wouldn't be going anywhere near it. I have to admire these pilots risking their lives rescuing people. Another hot one here been to the shops and had lunch. Now to do some housework.

Page 748 of 754 « First < 248 648 698 738 746 747 748 749 750 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top