Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2021, 09:03 AM

The vaccine passport

I know everyone hates Tony Blair but I think he is right here .

there should be a vaccine passport

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/a...-lead-way.html
Petra
Essex
Petra is female  Petra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2021, 12:03 PM

Re: The vaccine passport

Fantastic idea. But we have to accept that it will be open to 'some' abuse' whether it be in paper form or on our phones. As we all know it's easily done.
Gaz55
UK
Gaz55 is male  Gaz55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2021, 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by Petra ->
Fantastic idea. But we have to accept that it will be open to 'some' abuse' whether it be in paper form or on our phones. As we all know it's easily done.
Open to abuse! Yes! By the government!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...inside-UK.html

COULD be used to make you be forced to get the vaccine jab! COULD be used to stop you entering a supermarket to buy food!

That's crazy!That's against human rights!

Nobody should be forced to have an app on their phone! Not everyone has a phone!

Nobody should be forced to prove they have had a vaccination! That's private,medical, information!

Nobody should be forced to have a vaccine just to buy food!
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2021, 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by Gaz55 ->
Open to abuse! Yes! By the government!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...inside-UK.html

COULD be used to make you be forced to get the vaccine jab! COULD be used to stop you entering a supermarket to buy food!

That's crazy!That's against human rights!

Nobody should be forced to have an app on their phone! Not everyone has a phone!

Nobody should be forced to prove they have had a vaccination! That's private,medical, information!

Nobody should be forced to have a vaccine just to buy food!
I agree. Absolutely not the way to go at all!
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2021, 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
I agree. Absolutely not the way to go at all!
Playing Devil's advocate here and I have to disagree because despite the potential implications (and that is all they are so far; the possible implications of a thought and not so far of an act) you have a choice, so no rights would potentially be being breached - and people conveniently forget that human rights apply to everybody equally.

Regarding infection it could probably equally be interpreted as a breach of a person's human rights being deliberately potentially exposed to a virus by somebody refusing vaccination for reasons other than valid health concerns.
Basically you might well have the right to deny yourself.
What about others that you then put at risk by that very act of denial?
Morally as well as legally there is a good argument in favour of being vaccinated, but far less-so for refusing.
Things are often not quite as simple or as straighforward as perhaps initial thoughts and reactions might suggest.

It's not being recommended that anybody be forced into anything regarding "vaccine passports" and besides, these are being considered only for international travel AFAIK.
If you want to travel abroad you have to comply with rules, and there is a distinct possibility that the idea of a vaccination passport could become one more such condition of travel in the future.

Nothing has happened yet, though I suspect that it might in the not-too-distant future.
If however you don't want to travel it most probably won't affect you anyway and so becomes a moot point.

*I'm not suggesting complulsory vaccination here I hasten to add.
Merely pointing out that refusal too can have consequences; as I say at the beginning of this post, consider this to be a "Devil's Advocate" stance.
Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2021, 04:23 PM

I would not trust Blairs intentions at all. When PM he refused to allow a national ID which would have helped with the countries immigration problem citing human rights as a reason to refuse it. Now he's saying there needs to be a vaccine passport which has the same human rights issues as that of the national ID.

Anyone who listens to such advice from that man does so at their own peril.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2021, 04:32 PM

When I worked in Rome, I had to travel to various parts of the world that were known to be yellow fever hot spots so I had the required shots. Every time I visited these countries I had to carry an official card saying that my vaccinations were up-to-date. I see no reason why, IF you want to travel OUTSIDE the UK, there is any hardship in carrying an official card within your passport saying you've had the required Covid vaccinations. However, if this Bliar proposal does gain traction and is accepted by the great and good then god help us all is all I'm going to say.
Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2021, 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
When I worked in Rome, I had to travel to various parts of the world that were known to be yellow fever hot spots so I had the required shots. Every time I visited these countries I had to carry an official card saying that my vaccinations were up-to-date. I see no reason why, IF you want to travel OUTSIDE the UK, there is any hardship in carrying an official card within your passport saying you've had the required Covid vaccinations. However, if this Bliar proposal does gain traction and is accepted by the great and good then god help us all is all I'm going to say.

Isn't that the same if you travel to countries that have Malaria and other types of diseases and viruses. I've worked in a couple of large manufacturing companies that have had 2000+ workers and you get to hear stories of people having to go to their doctors to get their 'vaccination's' before they are allowed to travel because without them they are refused entry into the country they are travelling to.

Therefore in my mind, there is already a tried and tested system in place so why does Blair feel the need to promote a vaccine passport for covid-19?
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2021, 12:55 AM

I don't see it is any different to the days when a smallpox vaccination certificate was compulsory to travel.

Earlier in another thread i did ask if they were issuing certificates in the UK but never had a reply. In Straya, once vaccinations begin, a certificate will be emailed to you and also be available on your Services NSW app, I suspect it will become a passport to entry for some places such as theatres in the future.

I think it is absurd that they are vaccinating people and no certificate is issued.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2021, 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I know everyone hates Tony Blair but I think he is right here .

there should be a vaccine passport

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/a...-lead-way.html
I thought that everyone, who gets vaccinated, (corvonavirus) gets a card which says who you are, what jab you had, where & when you had it.

How many different cards do we need?

In addition, the NHS files have your name added as you have the jab.

The only people left, to worry about, after the jab deniers & those who have it done other than in the UK.

There will be a problem with fake documents, but there would be whatever you did!

As for Jab deniers, they should be required to wear a big red hat, so that we know who to avoid.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top