Join for free
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
DianneWoollie
Deux Sevres. S W France
DianneWoollie is female  DianneWoollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2021, 08:47 PM

Re: Disc Golf

It it fairly limited in the UK still. There seems to be almost a play one at one activity centre..ok for what it is..play stuff but it is a start there at least...

The one I looked at in Manchester is far better maybe even the best you get in the UK.

https://www.pdga.com/course-director...a-nature-front

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer...YB_ATfPsuOACVA

Same here in France. Has been around 10 years now and a fair amount but there again very swings and roundabout..

http://discgolfaquitaine.free.fr

if you right click your mouse you should have an option for an English version...

http://www.quarrypark.co.uk

https://udisc.com
DianneWoollie
Deux Sevres. S W France
DianneWoollie is female  DianneWoollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2021, 08:55 PM

How you settling Plonker...
any scars yet...

mine have healed...

do you wish a translater?
Plankton
United States
Plankton is male 

21-07-2021, 09:02 PM

^^ Nice! I've met Ricky Wysocki, and I just spent some time with Philo a few weeks ago. He's an incredibly insightful person and a monster player.

I also have a couple of friends that traveled to the UK and played a few rounds out there with some locals, and I do believe they played at Quarry. The local folks were welcomed into our club here in the US too and received the obligatory club tag.

We are all one big community working to push this sport into a bigger and brighter spotlight.

Thanks for that Dianne. Good to see/read you my friend.
Plankton
United States
Plankton is male 

21-07-2021, 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by DianneWoollie ->
How you settling Plonker...
any scars yet...

mine have healed...

do you wish a translater?
I am made of scars. lol

I'm all good, and I can usually figure out what people are saying from their body language so no problem there.
DianneWoollie
Deux Sevres. S W France

21-07-2021, 09:11 PM

Smart arse as the normal Plonker.

yes added a load of links and could have done more but it just give's people a chance to see about it and if they have any kind of Course near to them..

Had a real different type of day, but real good..weather sent us to take a dive in a dip pool we have....oooooooooo not deep enough...joking..

got some extra cash to splash from a will....I will buy you a new golf disc with Plonker on it...
Plankton
United States
Plankton is male 

21-07-2021, 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by DianneWoollie ->
Smart arse as the normal Plonker.

yes added a load of links and could have done more but it just give's people a chance to see about it and if they have any kind of Course near to them..

Had a real different type of day, but real good..weather sent us to take a dive in a dip pool we have....oooooooooo not deep enough...joking..

got such extra cash to splash from a will....I will buy you a new golf disc with Plonker on it...
Oh? A disc? For me? lol Thats nice you got some extra.
DianneWoollie
Deux Sevres. S W France

21-07-2021, 10:42 PM

not so much extra my sis and I had a rather nasty time..the solicitor said three years ago now..you will receive what is left after all is distributed in the will and your entitlement is the residue....well that was 3 years and had no correspondence until today...yeah we got the residue...but I have moved far from back then...I will spend it..no idea actually..but a disc with plonker you shall get..one day..and will smile for receiving it..all good, a result...
DianneWoollie
Deux Sevres. S W France

21-07-2021, 10:45 PM

I had posted on another forum about disc golfing and had a lot of enthusiasm from that one post...just people need to know how good this sport is...the community spirit can be real special..

French have their boules game and it is quite simple to set up a boules course...just a sandy area is ok...jack and boules..a team and spectators, all eager to see who the top player is tonight..we have one near the Maries office...just waiting to play also but Covid19 has sent people to keep at home...
DianneWoollie
Deux Sevres. S W France

21-07-2021, 10:53 PM

Nitey nite speak soon...
Plankton
United States
Plankton is male 

21-07-2021, 10:59 PM

Indeed it can. I've made quite a few very close friends in the few years I've gotten back into it. I started in 1993 and lost interest for about a decade in the early 00's then got back to it in 2016. So much charity and goodwill from these groups of people, it warms my heart just thinking about it. If someone needs anything, they rally together to make things right. It's become so much more than just a game.

On another note, I hope to be able to keep playing at this pace, even in a decade or so:

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top