Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2021, 10:16 PM

Badger

My next door neighbour is having a problem, he told me this afternoon, and wanted to know if I had an earth auger to put up a fence post. Strange request until he saids he is getting a badger in his garden digging a hole under the fence, so he wanted to strengthen and block.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2021, 10:24 PM

Re: Badger

What is an earth auger?
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2021, 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
What is an earth auger?
It's a big corkscrew used to dig holes in the earth wide enough for fence posts.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2021, 10:31 PM

Ahhh thanks Dex!
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2021, 10:37 PM

I would be honoured if badgers visited my garden.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2021, 10:38 PM

Apparently, apart from spreading bovine TB, badgers have also eaten much of the population of hedgehogs.
DianneWoollie
Deux Sevres. S W France
DianneWoollie is female  DianneWoollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2021, 10:51 PM

Badgers do take a lot of stick. Our last Uk home we had badgers trotting up the lane every evening silently. One of our Cats use to hang out with one of the cubs, we did stop this as they are flea ridden animals.
When the Lane was Tarmac.ed it was really weird, as the noise they made was really loud...

They use to dig under our fences on a regular basis..was like an excavation, but just dealt with it, digging it all back again..they are only one species that carry TB by the way...yes they are predators of hedgehogs...I do feel sad about that, but here they seem like they are thriving...
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2021, 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
What is an earth auger?

this is mine. Every home should have one

Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK

18-07-2021, 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
this is mine. Every home should have one

Had one too for a few years together with one of those fancy two faced spades. Eventually sold them on ebay.

Swimmy posted something about an electric drill auger a couple of months ago which he used for tilthing flower beds.

Just mentioned that a propos nothing
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2021, 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Apparently, apart from spreading bovine TB, badgers have also eaten much of the population of hedgehogs.

Everyone blame badgers for spreading TB, but never mention foxes, rats and deer can have it too - as well as us humans.
Do they go round with Terriers and shooting humans incase we spread it too? Perhaps we should be hunted and punished for spreading Covid too.

Pity about the little hedgehogs, but I guess it is the law of nature. The badgers have got to eat and feed their families just as anything else does.

After all, are we caught and shot for killing and eating lambs, chickens, young piglets, and calves?

It is sad Dex, but I'm afraid humans are guilty too.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top