Join for free
Page 33 of 71 « First < 23 31 32 33 34 35 43 > Last »
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2016, 12:00 AM

Re: Trump to be the 45th USA President:your thoughts and the implications

Originally Posted by JBR ->
You're right. Perhaps we should, very politely, decline to take part in future conflicts unless, of course, it is to our advantage.
Our track record since Normandy hasn't been exactly stellar has it?
graculus
Yorkshire
graculus is male  graculus has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2016, 12:09 AM

You're right. Perhaps we should, very politely, decline to take part in future conflicts unless, of course, it is to our advantage.
No we would have to have a referendum on it first, then form an orderly queue so we could moan about who won and who lost, then we'd have to make consult health and safety before launching any ships or flying any planes, by which time it would be too late... and it probably already is.
graculus
Yorkshire
graculus is male  graculus has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2016, 12:10 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Thanks for the replies. All sounds a bit messy but I guess they know what they are doing.
But they don't.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2016, 01:08 AM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
Our track record since Normandy hasn't been exactly stellar has it?
No, and not only B Liar either.

I just wish that our MPs would try to keep their noses out of other people's business.

Syria is the current bone of contention. If I had my way, we'd just leave that little problem to Putin who, incidentally, seems to be doing a good job. America, too, would be well advised to leave it alone.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2016, 01:08 AM

Originally Posted by graculus ->
No we would have to have a referendum on it first, then form an orderly queue so we could moan about who won and who lost, then we'd have to make consult health and safety before launching any ships or flying any planes, by which time it would be too late... and it probably already is.
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2016, 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
America would be quick to help us out if we could find oil in Yorkshire....
Sshh! I have quite a few litres in my garage, but don't tell the US of A.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2016, 10:30 AM

No, and not only B Liar either.

I just wish that our MPs would try to keep their noses out of other people's business.

Syria is the current bone of contention. If I had my way, we'd just leave that little problem to Putin who, incidentally, seems to be doing a good job. America, too, would be well advised to leave it alone.
I think the residents of Aleppo who are still alivemight disagree with you, the dead have no voice.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2016, 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
I think the residents of Aleppo who are still alivemight disagree with you, the dead have no voice.
I was just considering my reply and you said it better than me. Anyone thinking Aleppo is the best way to deal with all this seriously needs to open their eyes. It's going to be the shame we carry rest of our lives along with Rwanda.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2016, 11:40 AM

I wish somebody would come up with an answer

If we go in to help Syria, we will be criticized for interfering. as we were in Iraq.... after all I doubt that many of us didn't want to see the end of Saddam Hussein, despite the lies that were used to justify it.

If nobody helps, thousands of innocent people, especially children will be killed or injured. There are far too many of them to offer sanctuary to, so I feel the only option is to help these people regain control of their own country.... and maybe have a better life! Even if we get rid of ISIS, I am not sure that Assad is their best option.
Flicker
France
Flicker is female  Flicker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2016, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by APRICOT ->
I am always a little suspicious of posters who have never said a lot before , suddenly start being very vocal. Just saying.

I wouldn't have. I only just joined!!

Page 33 of 71 « First < 23 31 32 33 34 35 43 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top