Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2016, 07:41 PM

Re: Your teenage years

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
It seemed glamorous at the time Morti, until I realized those kind of activities would never make my fortune, but I loved the gogo dancing and met a few pop stars of the time.
Not Jimmy Savile I hope

I did go on a few bikes too, dressed in leather gear .
Ah, those were the days, leather to hide the gravel rash from a quick spin on the tarmac.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2016, 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Not Jimmy Savile I hope

Ah, those were the days, leather to hide the gravel rash from a quick spin on the tarmac.
OOOOH Miss Piggy in leather - you can post that Morti
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2016, 07:46 PM

I were an ugly pig Sweetie .. and if the police had had spit hoods in those days I'd have asked them for one to wear.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2016, 07:55 PM

You can still get that Rehab ... if you've got hair.
I did have, I blame global warming for my receding hairline
graculus
Yorkshire
graculus is male  graculus has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2016, 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Wot no Hippies or Heavies did the sixties pass you by.
Too young for the sixties really but the music certainly got into my head. Early teens in late sixties, so it was the seventies for me. Sex, drugs and rock 'n roll I suppose. Beautiful girls, festivals, nights at the Newcastle Mayfair, trips around the Lakes, strange daze in the Colne valley, the wind and sky of the Yorkshire moors. Mostly the music though, and it still is.
Flowerpower
East Anglia, UK
Flowerpower is female  Flowerpower has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2016, 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
Brill response, really made me chuckle, thanks
Thanks.. I've just been looking in my book and other groups I saw in the early 70s were Hot Chocolate, Slade, Kiss, Pickettywitch, McArthur Park, Thin Lizzy, Rory Gallagher, Cockney Rebel, Desmond Dekker and loads more.

We went every single week whoever was on and it used to cost about 60p. Sometimes it was top groups, sometimes it was less well known groups and sometimes it was local groups. GReat value.

The dance floor was so jam packed that if you got right down the front you were literally inches away from famous pop stars. No barriers, no security and often girls would jump'on the stage.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2016, 08:34 PM

I were an ugly pig Sweetie .. and if the police had had spit hoods in those days I'd have asked them for one to wear.
Utter rubbish, I do not believe a word. Ugly people don't wear thongs. (I am being careful with my words - honest)

swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2016, 08:38 PM

Hi

None of the above.

Very poor family, so working all the time to support the younger ones, I was the oldest.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

21-11-2016, 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

None of the above.

Very poor family, so working all the time to support the younger ones, I was the oldest.
Oh swimmy, I am sad to read that. Do you have any fun now?
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2016, 11:41 PM

Originally Posted by graculus ->
Too young for the sixties really but the music certainly got into my head. Early teens in late sixties, so it was the seventies for me. Sex, drugs and rock 'n roll I suppose. Beautiful girls, festivals, nights at the Newcastle Mayfair, trips around the Lakes, strange daze in the Colne valley, the wind and sky of the Yorkshire moors. Mostly the music though, and it still is.
i spent many a Friday night in the Mayfair, fond memories canny lasses and music.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top