Join for free
Page 14 of 26 « First < 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 > Last »
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2017, 09:47 PM

Re: Additions and changes to our Mod team

I must admit I do laugh at some of the 'nominations' - clearly the person nominating has been expertly shielded from what has gone on in the forum in the past by our existing brilliant mod team

With that said, let's end the 'nominations'. If you really want to, perhaps you can PM the member and get them to put themselves forward instead.

Having said that, I think we might go with the helpers scheme to begin with as the criteria would be less stringent (though there will still be a standard).

I'll post something when I get five mins.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2017, 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by Azz ->
I must admit I do laugh at some of the 'nominations' - clearly the person nominating has been expertly shielded from what has gone on in the forum in the past by our existing brilliant mod team

With that said, let's end the 'nominations'. If you really want to, perhaps you can PM the member and get them to put themselves forward instead.

Having said that, I think we might go with the helpers scheme to begin with as the criteria would be less stringent (though there will still be a standard).

I think that may be the best idea Azz. That way the helpers could discover if they are up to the job, and those that are, may want to continue as mods.
Goldielocks
Spain
Goldielocks is female  Goldielocks has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2017, 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Goldielocks, I am a little surprised by your selections as Pumicestone seems to have been removed from our members list, which indicates that he has chosen to leave or been banned.

Malcolm hardly posts on here any more so I don't understand how you can judge him so well, apart from the fact that you told me you were moving to another forum, a few days ago..and it was Malcolm's own forum that you moved to.

I don't know how Galty feels about being a mod, but I do know he has strong opinions on some things so, like the rest of us, he may be unable to meet the specifications that Azz has mentioned... but that would be between Azz and himself.

I am sure all the members on here are just hoping to get moderation to the same level as Meg and Mags have provided..... as they will be the new mod's supervisor!
Not sure how Pummy and Malcolm would feel about being supervised by a woman.

Twink you have just revealed confidential information on an open forum. It's not you or others business what forum I chose to belong to. How do you know anyway unless you are what they losely call a forum spy

You never reveal a private conversation. Very wrong.

Why are you so keen to impress the management anyway....

They are there to do a job not heap praise. I am a friend of Morti too. Have I recommended Mort

Malcolm and I have always been in contacted, I was concerned about his wife and some comments he received in the past.

I just observe Galty and Pums comments and form an opinion.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2017, 09:59 PM

Best of luck Azz.
Have you thought of banning half the forum members at one time so we can all log on in shifts?
That might be easier to moderate and if anyone does cross swords you can simply switch one of them into the opposite shift.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2017, 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I think that may be the best idea Azz. That way the helpers could discover if they are up to the job, and those that are, may want to continue as mods.
I agree Twink.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2017, 10:02 PM

I really don't know why it was necessary to have this thread!
Azz and the moderators must know what members are like?
Surely, it is a matter of headhunting for the most suitable candidate, making their selection and then the offer.
Members will only nominate their friends and favourites who may be totally unsuitable or may have a 'conflict of interest'!
Goldielocks
Spain
Goldielocks is female  Goldielocks has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2017, 10:02 PM

Azz as we do not know perhaps that is unfair. There needs to be transparency, not you really do not know what goes on behind the scenes .

That doesn't sound very encouraging that means unhappy members,
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2017, 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Surely, it is a matter of headhunting for the most suitable candidate, making their selection and then the offer.
Members will only nominate their friends and favourites who may be totally unsuitable or may have a 'conflict of interest'!

I'm inclined to agree. Azz and his current team must know who they think has the right qualities and more importantly who they can work with easily, that's to say who wont nick all the biccies in the mod tearoom.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2017, 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Being as this is a forum Arty where members can come together and discuss stuff I think a topic that runs into 14 pages in just just three days could be considered a success......

Thanks for you nomination by the way....
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2017, 10:22 PM

When work is left aside for the day, most folks just want to enter the Social Club, have a drink, and flip a few Beer Mats, and watch the manoeuvers of the "Committee".

Page 14 of 26 « First < 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top