Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2018, 03:36 PM

Crush This Plot To Steal Brexit.

Afternoon all, just been reading this in the Sun today. . My thought is that it seems there is a plot to destroy Brexit and betray the people. Please read this and judge for yourselves.

CRUSH THIS PLOT TO STEAL BREXIT.

There is now a real danger that Remainer MPs will “steal Brexit from the British people”, warns Liam Fox. He is absolutely right. The Tories, if they do nothing else, MUST prevent that.
It is sickening that the pro-EU lobby and its relentless propaganda machine has dragged us to the brink of this calamity.

For more than two years these slick, lavishly-funded, highly organised politicians and campaigners have sabotaged Brexit negotiations. Nothing matters more to them than the Europhile elite re-imposing its will.
The second referendum they clamour for is the fastest and surest route to potentially unimaginable disorder.
But it has never been closer.

Three years ago, politicians gave the “people” they profess to care about so much the decision to leave or remain in the EU. The Commons vote for a referendum was overwhelming: 544 to 53.
David Cameron leafletted every home with the infamous promise: “This is your decision. The Government will implement what you decide”.

We voted Leave by a margin of 1.4million. And MP’s voted 494 to 122 to do our bidding. Mugs that we are, we believed them. Even at the election last year, when both Tory and Labour parties committed to seeing Brexit through in full. 82.5 percent of us trusted them.

How can any MP justify betraying that now? The answer: By lying. By concocting excuses. By claiming that the referendum wasn’t fair, or legal, or binding. That Leave voters were too dumb to have a legitimate view. That the Russians interfered.
And by feigning a passion for the very democracy they aim to upend - and insisting the public needs a second chance for a “final say”.

Remainers dedicated to damaging Britain's position.

We might have more respect for the People’s Vote brigade - Tony Blair, Chuka Umunna and the rest - if for once, they told the truth: that their campaign is simply about reversing their defeat. That, actually, the “facts” have NOT changed one bit since 2016.. That the economic risks are no more or less great, or clearer, today than when George Osborne made them central to his failed Project Fear strategy. Everyone knew the road would be rocky - The Sun said so repeatedly. People voted Leave anyway.

The Remainers could admit that Britain’s shambolic predicament doesn’t prove Brexit “has failed”. That this fiasco was not inevitable. Merely the result of a Remainer Government, guided by a europhile civil service, then crippled by an election disaster, conducting a half-hearted and naive negotiation while keeping Cabinet Brexiters in the dark.

And all the while being undermined by the very same People’s Vote crew which, with the connivance of European leaders, plotted to make fruitful negotiations impossible. Indeed they have dedicated themselves to damaging Britain’s position, actively coordinating with senior EU politicians, ambassadors, officials and negotiators.

Finally, they could admit that even the name “People’s Vote” is a cynical lie. They don’t give a monkey’s for the “people”. They think 17.4 million of the people are thick racists. If they could limit voting rights to Remainers, they would.

And Labour is up to their necks in all of it. No one takes seriously their Brexit guff about the witless Corbyn magically negotiating all the single markets’ benefits without accepting its rules, or staying in permanently in an EU customs union while striking global trade deals. It is a laughable fantasy, designed to deceive its many Leave voters.
The real policy, championed by Shadow Brexit Secretary, Keir Starmer, is ultimately to back the second referendum, which is dead without them.

This grave threat is now real.

On Tuesday, ex-Attorney General and committed Remainer Dominic Grieve, won a vote potentially opening the door to it. It is one of maybe three options after Theresa May’s deal fails. None is good. This is by far the most dangerous.
If Britain voted Leave again, as we believe it would, we could exit the EU rapidly with no deal….
The Remainers’ nightmare.
If Remain won, our democracy would be shattered. All faith in politicians destroyed. That never ends well.

Do you think Brits are too reserved for civil disorder? Cast your minds back to the 1970s, 1980s, 1990 or 2011. Or the febrile atmosphere of the referendum, during which Jo Cox MP was heartbreakingly murdered.
What a tsunami of rage politicians would unleash by ignoring the democratic rights of millions on the winning side of the biggest vote in British history.

Is it a risk that the second vote camp is ready to take? Because they will have to live with the consequences.
Britain is already “a deeply fractured country,” in the words of Chancellor Philip Hammond yesterday.

Imagine how bad it will get if MP’s, having handed the people the right to choose Brexit, then steal it from us.

UNQUOTE.

Never a truer word spoken!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2018, 03:51 PM

Re: Crush This Plot To Steal Brexit.

I don't think there is going to be a Brexit .
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2018, 03:58 PM

I really don't know what the outcome of this is going to be Muddy. I truly hope Brexit goes ahead because I dread to think what may be around the corner if it doesn't.
I have a feeling that millions will believe that democracy is truly dead in Britain, and many will be outraged.
Leave voters have remained very quiet since the referendum, even when s..t was poured over our heads from all quarters. They were magnanimous in their vote win. But I feel it will be a different kettle of fish if Brexit is taken from us,and that really worries me.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2018, 04:34 PM

Hi

No plot, it is worse than that.

It is stupidity and political infighting.

They could not organise a beer in a brewery and political infighting is more important than working for the Country.

They simply do not care about us and what we think.

It is disgusting.

Even if we do manage to get out it will cost us tens of Billions more than it should have.

They are protected from all this, keep their salaries, expenses and pensions.

This needs to change, I have no idea how we do so.

The reasons I voted leave have not changed. I still think we should leave, just appalled at the mess we have made so far.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2018, 04:38 PM

I have to say with heavy heart that if that ghastly Woman May , doesn"t get her finger out sharpish [although I do think her chain is being pulled by other people]There will be civil unrest .
How on earth can this be led by someone who was/is a *remainer*, she seems as though she is just repeating lines that have been fed to her.
We were asked to vote , and did , That toe-rag Cameron couldn"t wait to jump ship as nothing had been put in place for this eventuality.
What a very sorry state we are in .
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2018, 04:39 PM

I wouldn't be in her shoes for anything .
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2018, 04:41 PM

They don't have to steal it, I'd give it to 'em!
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire

06-12-2018, 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by itsme ->
ZZZZZzzzzzzzzz
Exactly the response would expect from you. Why don't you have a change and go troll on another forum.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2018, 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I wouldn't be in her shoes for anything .
She was set up to fail I think.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2018, 04:50 PM

It is you paranoid leavers with your relentless propaganda that have got us into this condition. Sensible people are trying to avoid the catastrophe that you would bring upon us all.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top