Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2019, 01:37 PM

Do you procrastinate?

The Three Forms of Procrastination
Approximately 20 percent of people are chronic procrastinators; for them the behavior cuts across all domains of life. There’s more than one flavor of procrastination. Arousal types, or thrill-seekers, wait until the last minute in order to reap a euphoric rush. A second type, avoiders, put off tasks because of fear of failure or even fear of success, but in either case are very concerned with what others think of them. Then there are decisional procrastinators, who are unable to make a decision; not making a decision absolves them of responsibility for the outcome of events. There are big costs to procrastination: It is internally troubling, leading to such problems as insomnia, immune system and gastrointestinal disturbances, and it erodes personal relationships and teamwork in the workplace.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2019, 01:40 PM

Re: Do you procrastinate?

https://www.psychologytoday.com/gb/b...rocrastination
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2019, 02:46 PM

I always tell my Daughter to get on with it & stop procrastinating, but looking at the meaning, she just gets side tracked. Come to think of it I do too. I should be doing something useful, but instead I am on here.
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2019, 02:47 PM

Good question ... let me think about it and il get back to you sometime
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2019, 02:51 PM

I do with some things.
Mmm bury my head in the sand comes to mind.
Right Now
upstate New York US
Right Now is female  Right Now has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2019, 03:43 PM

I'm at the other end of the scale. The quicker the job is done, the quicker I can relax, until the next thing comes along. I don't like things piling up in my head of things to do, I'd rather say, "ah, that's one more thing done."
DaveyJ
South Coast England
DaveyJ is male  DaveyJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2019, 03:56 PM

Only when sitting on the loo. I think good things come to those who wait
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2019, 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by marmaduke ->
Good question ... let me think about it and il get back to you sometime
I agree. Maybe tomorrow?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2019, 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by Right Now ->
I'm at the other end of the scale. The quicker the job is done, the quicker I can relax, until the next thing comes along. I don't like things piling up in my head of things to do, I'd rather say, "ah, that's one more thing done."
Yes but when you have no intention of doing anything, it doesn't matter how many things there are waiting to be done.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

21-02-2019, 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by DaveyJ ->
Only when sitting on the loo. I think good things come to those who wait
Oh I say.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top