Join for free
Page 223 of 276 « First < 123 173 213 221 222 223 224 225 233 273 > Last »
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2019, 07:37 PM

Re: I've had my chest x-ray

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
They're painful and uncomfortable.
I can imagine.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2019, 09:31 PM

I felt so dizzy during my shower today; I was scared of falling as I can't support my body weight very well - I'm only 11 St - but my muscles have wasted away a bit from constant sitting and lying on the bed in hospital.

On a positive note, a headache I had a few hours ago has gone; I'm mostly tired now.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2019, 01:07 PM

How are you feeling today Dreamy?
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2019, 02:07 PM

I feel fine, slept well again. My TV is almost kaput, though. I can only receive certain channels due to the high atmospheric pressure outside. It's not my aerial as it's one of the best powered indoor aerials you can get.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

24-02-2019, 02:22 PM

I feel fine, slept well again. My TV is almost kaput, though. I can only receive certain channels due to the high atmospheric pressure outside. It's not my aerial as it's one of the best powered indoor aerials you can get.
How strange, the TV in our bedroom has just lost all BBC programmes, we have an outside aerial for that. Must check the others.

I am glad you slept well, it makes all the difference. x
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

24-02-2019, 05:13 PM

Yes, waking up at 7 was what I did in hospital. Breakfast was about 7:45 and they always made me a cup of coffee in the interim.

I know something is wrong with me when my sleep is disturbed. I've had a couple of micronaps <5 minutes this afternoon.

Reading the hospital's letter to my doctor this afternoon, I was surprised that my stay was from the 5th of February 'til the 22nd; I hadn't realised that it was quite that long. I seem to have lost some clothes along the way - a pair of jeans and a nice top...oh well, they're only clothes, my health is what matters. I also discovered that I gave £2000 not £1000 to the cancer charity but at least it's for a good cause and I'm not broke yet.

The bit which states whats wrong with me lists recurring Hodgkins Lymphoma, pancytopenia, mania based on my Bi-Polar and a urinary tract infection which can make you very ill if untreated.

It's a surprise that I do sleep well having all that although the hospital stay did me a lot of good. And I've got another longer stay to come starting on Wednesday. My PIP stops if I'm in hospital for more than a month; I'd been using that money for taxis and coffees while away from home. The hospital has a shop that does great coffee and it's not extortionately priced. I've discovered that my bank card is essential in hospital as well as my mobile phone plus charger and around £10 in cash.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2019, 07:59 PM

Yes, waking up at 7 was what I did in hospital. Breakfast was about 7:45 and they always made me a cup of coffee in the interim.

I know something is wrong with me when my sleep is disturbed. I've had a couple of micronaps <5 minutes this afternoon.

Reading the hospital's letter to my doctor this afternoon, I was surprised that my stay was from the 5th of February 'til the 22nd; I hadn't realised that it was quite that long. I seem to have lost some clothes along the way - a pair of jeans and a nice top...oh well, they're only clothes, my health is what matters. I also discovered that I gave £2000 not £1000 to the cancer charity but at least it's for a good cause and I'm not broke yet.

The bit which states whats wrong with me lists recurring Hodgkins Lymphoma, pancytopenia, mania based on my Bi-Polar and a urinary tract infection which can make you very ill if untreated.

It's a surprise that I do sleep well having all that although the hospital stay did me a lot of good. And I've got another longer stay to come starting on Wednesday. My PIP stops if I'm in hospital for more than a month; I'd been using that money for taxis and coffees while away from home. The hospital has a shop that does great coffee and it's not extortionately priced. I've discovered that my bank card is essential in hospital as well as my mobile phone plus charger and around £10 in cash.
Since your disease is somewhat similar to my own, I googled it :

https://www.google.com/search?client...topenia+icd+10

Your PIP does indeed stop if you're an 'in-patient' for more than 1 month, but repeated shorter stays are not counted, so if you are re-admitted, the clock starts running all over again.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

24-02-2019, 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Since your disease is somewhat similar to my own, I googled it :

https://www.google.com/search?client...topenia+icd+10

Your PIP does indeed stop if you're an 'in-patient' for more than 1 month, but repeated shorter stays are not counted, so if you are re-admitted, the clock starts running all over again.
That was kind of you Joe. x
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

25-02-2019, 12:20 AM

Good Night Dreamy.
You are in my thoughts and prayers.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

25-02-2019, 08:39 AM

Thanks, Sweetie and UJ for looking that up. I guess in a way I can see the DWP's point of view: if you're in hospital your every need is cared for.

But I bet it's not easy getting back on PIP again for those who have gone over the 28 days.

Page 223 of 276 « First < 123 173 213 221 222 223 224 225 233 273 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top