Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Lou
UK
Lou is female  Lou has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2009, 12:47 AM

Do you like where you live?

Do you like it?

I love living here I live in a small village x
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2009, 01:54 AM

Re: Do you like where you live?

I do and I don't.

At first it was like 'super' there's a river at the bottom of the garden and only 5 minute walk to the foot of a mountain. But the reality of a mountain in front and behind the house means you get less sunshine - and I miss that

The people are great tho! Everyone says hi when you walk down the street. I've known more neighbours here than everywhere else I've lived put together
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2009, 02:38 AM

I live in an end row house in a middle class neighborhood in Washington, about a mile from where I grew up. Love it, on a bus line with connections to the subway, practically all the shops, bank, post office. library etc. are within walking distance. A block and a half from the woods (part of the park system). A close-knit friendly neighborhood, people look out for one another but aren't pushy/intrusive.
Moli
Aberdeenshire
Moli is female  Moli has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2009, 01:33 PM

I live on the edge of a village, so have the countryside on my door step, lots of lovely walks, a nature reserve a stones throw away.Choice of 3 beaches....Have the best of both worlds really,we have a postoffice and a village shop, and its only 15 minutes either way to small towns....Its perfect...Only have 1 neighbour at the mo, but they a really nice people...
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2009, 01:43 PM

Hopefully by the time we reach out stage of life we are comfortable and content with where we live.
I live at the edge of a small rural market town, so can walk in 10 minutes or so to shops, banks, services. We have a WHSmith, Boots, Iceland, Country Casuals, Tesco, Morrisons, Somerfield, Spar as well as local shops selling good food and other goods, we have local coffee shops but no Starbucks or Costa, we have 2 indian, 2 italian and a chinese restaurants, 2 each of indian and chinese takeaways, good pubs and other eateries, a brewery and other delights. There are doctors, dentists, even a cottage hospital.
I walk Dinah to woods open to the public which are 10 minutes away, we have a river too. The coast is about 35 minutes drive and the train to London, for a 90 minute journey, is similarly 35 minutes drive away.
I see sheep grazing as I look out of the bathroom window whilst cleaning my teeth.
Does it sound like I am content? - oh yes!
angieh
Hampshire, UK
angieh is female  angieh has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2009, 04:39 PM

Whilst I like my home and garden I am afraid that where I live may not be our last home. There are no shops within walking distance and no public transport. The neighbours are nice enough - on good terms, but not over friendly. If we did not drive, we'd be stuck and have to rely on taxis. We've been here 14 years. Currently it's fine - MIL has her own bed sitting room and en suite; but I can see a time in the future if and when OH and I are on our own when we would want something smaller and with a smaller garden. If anything happened to OH, I would definitely want to move.
Nippy
South Devon
Nippy is female  Nippy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2009, 06:36 PM

I live in a small fishing town, with beaches and country side all around.
I love it and not even all the holidaymakers in the summer would make me want to move away
moetmum
Hampshire
moetmum is female  moetmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2009, 07:30 PM

We live in a fairly isolated position in the country, 1/3 mile down an unmade track, we have two farms for neighbours and back onto forestry commission, its perfect for the dogs and I can't imagine living anywhere else.
Yola
Yola is female  Yola has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2009, 07:40 PM

Well I live on a main arterial road in a large town . . . the house is our dream; listed 4-storey regency town house but the garden is typically small and we DO have some drug problems locally. We can walk into the fantastically appointed shopping/town centre with green space in the centre and a main railway station heading in all 4 directions of the country.

Will I stay there long term? Well with 2 growing boys probably not - despite their going to a school with much space and riding/allotment for additional outdoor activities etc., I think they will really benefit from more outdoor 'personal' space.
Lou
UK
Lou is female  Lou has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2009, 12:27 AM

That's the only thing I miss, it's 4 miles to the nearest shop, so without a car we'd be stuffed. But I suppose that's what you get when you live out in the middle of nowhere.......

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top