Join for free
Page 158 of 190 « First < 58 108 148 156 157 158 159 160 168 > Last »
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2019, 12:37 PM

Re: Bob's Bits.

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Don't hold yer breath.....
I always read your bits Bob even if I don't respond.

Anyway, now I'm here I'm glad you enjoyed your meal and day out in Whitby

Lovely photos too, I do like to see pics of the Northern towns as the only one I've been to is Blackpool many years ago!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2019, 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I always read your bits Bob even if I don't respond.

Anyway, now I'm here I'm glad you enjoyed your meal and day out in Whitby

Lovely photos too, I do like to see pics of the Northern towns as the only one I've been to is Blackpool many years ago!
Thanks Mags, I know you do, and appreciate your interest and will post some more photos later.....
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2019, 08:56 PM

We love your photos Foxy. xxxx
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2019, 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
We love your photos Foxy. xxxx
Thanks Sweetie, there's more on the way......
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2019, 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Took a drive to Whitby and enjoyed a meal at the Magpie today to celebrate a good friends 76th birthday. Motored through quite a few snow showers but managed to arrive safely around noon....This is what we found.

The first port of call was the Magpie for an exceptional three course meal....It left me bloated for the rest of the day....

The sun did show it's face for about an hour....

In an attempt to walk off the meal we wandered down to the pier, by God it was cold....

And the sea was rough....Time to leave for home....

I was at the Magpie too OGF over the new year....lovely fish and chips there for sure we stayed at the Raithwaite Estate just outside Whitby...worth a visit if you want to stay over
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

04-02-2019, 11:39 AM

Thanks Summer, I was looking for something nice to surprise Mrs Fox with and that might just fit the bill.....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

05-02-2019, 11:42 AM

Turned out at 7:00am in the heavy frost and minus 1*C it was a decent run and I'm glad it was frosty. I could see the lane had been very muddy, and will probably return to that state once the sun comes up, which incidentally doesn't look too far away. I reckon in another week or so it will have risen before me!...

Made arrangements with some friends to visit the cinema at Meadowhall, Clint Eastwood [one of my favourite actors] has a film showing [The Mule] where he stars and directs...He doesn't usually disappoint me....

So we'll find somewhere to have lunch before we go in, which will just leave time for the compulsory sweets....Yum Yum!
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2019, 11:55 AM

Sweets
You called?
Have a lovely day Foxy.
I will look back later.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

14-03-2019, 11:16 PM

Yesterday's walk along the canal, sometimes you just need some space.....

OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

15-03-2019, 10:45 PM

While Mrs Fox was helping a friend in need I decided to go and have a look at the rough seas at Scarborough and do a walk while I was there. I left the car in the 'Park and Ride' on Seamer Road and for a miserly £1.20 took the bus into the town centre to find some lunch...

It was busier than I expected but I had no trouble finding a seat in the corner of the 'Secret Garden' a purveyor of tasty cakes and sandwiches.
Scarborough is very hilly and I walked down streets and paths protected from the gusty wind, it was only as I came out just above the sea life centre did the wind return....

I reached Scalby Mills about as far as I go today, so then turned round and walked back along the seafront.

Surprisingly warm out of the wind and the views were spectacular....Well! They always are at Scarborough, that's why I come....

If anyone fancies relocating to Scarborough I've found the perfect piece of real estate.....It needs a bit of work though, the previous owners were careless with it....

So I ended up walking the three miles back along the front, and decided to continue my walk all the way back to the Park and Ride...

Page 158 of 190 « First < 58 108 148 156 157 158 159 160 168 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top