Join for free
Page 169 of 370 « First < 69 119 159 167 168 169 170 171 179 219 269 > Last »
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2018, 10:26 AM

Re: Post your daily exercise routine

Floydy, you made me laugh with your description of the occupants in the gym during the England match, it about sums up Doncaster town centre these days if you add the alcoholics and street beggars..........Oh! did I forget 'Buskers'...Some are very good though...

I'm glad you found my post 'motivating' Floydy, it was a particularly good run, and like you say, these things are programmed into our psyche, we just don't feel right if we don't do it.....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2018, 10:33 AM

We seem to be having a 'Heatwave' here at the moment with temperatures reaching 30*C yesterday. I had to do some wiring in the loft and it was 37*C... Suffice to say, it was done in small increments....

Another excellent run this morning, still some discomfort from the piriformis, but mainly when I'm not running thank heavens! (sitting is very uncomfortable) But it's nice to be able to get out again. Although it was a steady pace, and the heat was just building for another hot day, I felt I could have gone further, and I didn't leave my best bits out on the trail.....
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2018, 02:29 PM

Bob - All being well, your running is returning now to the days of the old OGF style. Keep it going bud, and keep out of that loft in this weather!

Suzie - I love those photos. You too will soon be putting those miles in again as long as your toe behaves itself. You need a visit to the gym with me and you'll never be wary of those alligators again:

Myself, I've just had a long-required haircut, a No.3 all over to keep me more comfortable. As I burned my head on holiday I've had to wait a further couple of weeks and so my hair was a right mess. School run now and those blood tests tomorrow. God knows when I'll get to the gym this week at this rate...then again I'd much rather be out in the garden than sweating it out in a muggy gym. We'll see what happens there. I must say though that I'm feeling really good at the moment, mentally(!) and physically looking top notch again, so maybe it's good to have a few days off until it cools down.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2018, 02:50 PM

Had my blood tests today, I find out next Wednesday.
I've also had my blood pressure done - 130/78, which is excellent for my age and lifestyle.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2018, 06:44 AM

Good deal, Floydy. I hope your tests give you some clarity on your overall health and any other concerns. Keep drinking plenty of water and getting rest where you can.

OGF, you are so right about stopping to smell the roses when you run - no way, no time, no how. I have had kind and friendly people try to stop me to show me snakes, eagles, bicycles, alligators, flirtations, benches, maps, and sundry other things only to receive, in return, a light remark and a happy wave. If you are hurt or lost, I am ready to help but otherwise...

You have heard me say before that running - and maybe surfing- are the only selfish indulgences that I allow myself. In the end, everyone gets the very best of me because of it.

I was off my bicycle today working with a young man who is autistic on geometry that morphed into an art lesson, and then a two hour drive through the Land of Tourists to return home for a quiet night of art history over sushi and sake. Yum. That, dear forum members, is the extend of my physical exertion. No trophy for moi today.

So now a question for those of you who have exercised regularly and had to stop for whatever reason. I am finding that the less exercise I am getting, the more sleepy I am at odd times during the day. In fact, I think that this short hiatus may be to blame for having my days and nights mixed up. Thoughts?

I don't like being broken.

Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2018, 06:45 AM

Hey Floydy, your photo isn't coming through. Could you be persuaded to give it another go?
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

28-06-2018, 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->

OGF, you are so right about stopping to smell the roses when you run - no way, no time, no how. I have had kind and friendly people try to stop me to show me Snakes, eagles, bicycles, alligators, flirtations, benches, maps, and sundry other things only to receive, in return, a light remark and a happy wave. If you are hurt or lost, I am ready to help but otherwise...

So now a question for those of you who have exercised regularly and had to stop for whatever reason. I am finding that the less exercise I am getting, the more sleepy I am at odd times during the day. In fact, I think that this short hiatus may be to blame for having my days and nights mixed up. Thoughts?

I don't like being broken.
In the interests of space and relevant passages (not that your interesting and humorous posts are ever too long or irrelevant Surfermom....) I deemed it necessary to trim off the fat.....

Ha ha yes Surfermom, with the exception of 'Eagles and Alligators' I have encountered all of the above.....I think the flirting may have come from my side though..

Concerning the sleepiness throughout the day.....Welcome to my world Surfermom...
And it's not just sleepiness with me, my enthusiasm for most things has diminished while being out of action, as you have probably noticed from the smidgen of negativity that has recently seeped into some of my posts.....

Strange as it may seem, you would think that there would be energy in abundance while suffering an enforced layoff from running, but I find it's quite the opposite....Which brings me seamlessly into this mornings escape to the country....After a short walk (I could get used to these warm ups) before kicking off and feeling the cool breeze ruffling what's left of my barnet (Hair) I was once again free of the constant ache from my Piriformis and the shackles of just being a mere pedestrian....

Runs (or should I say 'Jogs' ) these days take on the same format, with a painful, sometimes awkward gait, and then about half way round, the plateau that is so elusive to the non runner or sprinter. Running without pain or feeling, just the sound of running shoes making contact with the hard baked track and a freed up mind that drifts to everything and anything under the sun........On a good day, distance would be limitless, and arriving home is such a disappointment.....On a bad day? Well thankfully there aren't too many of those or else you wouldn't be a runner would you....
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2018, 09:59 PM

been out for a lovely long evening walk with my husband and dog tonight.

Here is the exercise I plan on doing tomorrow hahaha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LD1xSc7oRRk
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

29-06-2018, 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
been out for a lovely long evening walk with my husband and dog tonight.

Here is the exercise I plan on doing tomorrow hahaha
That looks perfect for my piriformis muscle Lion Queen, if it's alright with you, I'll join you.........Not sure about the leotards though....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

29-06-2018, 10:37 AM

I don't normally run on consecutive days, but over the last couple of weeks it seems to have worked out quite well. So under sunny skies and Floridian temperatures I nipped round my five mile route.....

Even at 7:00am It was tough going in the heat, but I persevered, and what seemed like a pedestrian time turned out to be my fastest post piriformis yet.....

Now lets see if I'm in good enough shape to work down the ever expanding list of jobs Mrs Fox has scheduled for me....

Page 169 of 370 « First < 69 119 159 167 168 169 170 171 179 219 269 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top