Join for free
Page 209 of 370 « First < 109 159 199 207 208 209 210 211 219 259 309 > Last »
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2018, 10:32 PM

Re: Post your daily exercise routine

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
Just got back from the gym.

20 minute power walking on flat treadmill.
10 minute bike
10 minute cross trainer
5 minute stepper
another 15 minutes treadmill speed of 4.6 working downwards from an incline of 10 for 1 minute 9 for 1 minute 8 for 1 minute and so on, last 5 mins on flat at speed of 5
Leg press
Leg Abductor
Chest press
Pull downs

Came home and did 10 minutes My Fitness Coach on Wii Fit (we bought a second hand one the other day for £40 with 24 games and balance board. Graphics are a bit crap but it does the job.

I feel the more weight I'm losing the fitter I'm getting and the more I want to exercise, it's gotten addictive but I guess its a good addiction to have

Good workouts you guys, enjoyed reading all y our workouts
Wow! Lion Queen, that's a superb cardio session. 45 minutes plus even more when you got home as well.
Doesn't it just feel great at the end of it, a nice hot shower and chill out time?
yes I didn't know what I was missing these past few years being virtually cardio-free
Well done there
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2018, 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Wow! Lion Queen, that's a superb cardio session. 45 minutes plus even more when you got home as well.
Doesn't it just feel great at the end of it, a nice hot shower and chill out time?
yes I didn't know what I was missing these past few years being virtually cardio-free
Well done there
cheers mate, I haven't been to the gym today but I have done half an hour broadway dancing with the wii fit, it was fun, I felt like a professional, watch out for me in the west end LOL

By the way, I did some leg work on my inner thighs yesterday and I can't half tell that i used muscles I don't normally use, I was walking like John Wayne LOL
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2018, 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
cheers mate, I haven't been to the gym today but I have done half an hour broadway dancing with the wii fit, it was fun, I felt like a professional, watch out for me in the west end LOL

By the way, I did some leg work on my inner thighs yesterday and I can't half tell that i used muscles I don't normally use, I was walking like John Wayne LOL
Lol! Yes, it's the adductor machine machine which really taxes my inner thighs. Hopefully I'll be doing some leg work tomorrow, which would have been done today if not for some Christmas shopping!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

28-10-2018, 11:57 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
A swift six this morning under the blazing sun.....
Well actually, the sun hadn't come up when I turned out, and there was a blast from the arctic making my knees blue, among other bits.....
But being the competitor that I am, I struggled on to post a very creditable time.....

What was that you said Surfermom??????
Good man
Just watch those blue bits, Bob. Blue tits are very nice but blue bits....that can be quite painful

...and a six-miler from you also Suzie. That looks like a bit of competition between you and Bob there. You'll have to go for seven tomorrow

Yes, I love doing preacher curls, probably my favourite exercise
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

29-10-2018, 12:10 AM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Yes! Fabulous!
Except, although we were sitting right near the screen (not by choice!) neither of us could make out a lot of the dialogue.
Why do Americans mumble so?! (nothing personal surfer!)
Sounds liki it was definitely worth the walk, Ruthio.
What's up? No buses?
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2018, 05:59 AM

Bob and I were neck and neck today distance wise, though I am sure he would have left me in the dust - once again

Still the day was warm, and tomorrow starts the big fitness competition that ends in late December. No more ice cream or the occasional glass of champagne for me . The next cork that pops anywhere near me will be on New Year's Eve.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

29-10-2018, 05:00 PM

Monday 29/10/18: Legs; 45mins.

A day late with my weekly weights workout for the legs (yesterday was spent shopping and generally taking things easy, which was probably best as my legs were still a little restless from Friday’s cardio and the previous two hours on the upper body weights), but what a corker of a session it was today.

Making my way to firstly to the incline press to discover that it was broken, which was a blow as I had intended to go mega heavy on that but not to worry, I soon made up for it on the sled press instead.
(Pics included as info for others, although most of this equipment is self-explanetary. The people in the photos are not of myself by the way).

Sled press:

50x120 warm-up
20x150, 20x150, 20x150, 20x150, 20x150, 20x150
10x200, 10x200, 10x200, 10x200
50x100 high reps
*The trouble with the sled press is that the stack only goes up to 200kgs, when the incline press is virtually unlimited (my all-time best being 425kgs not so many years ago), but I made up for the lack of weight by doing many more sets instead – the multiple sets of 150 and 200 were ‘paused’ not dropped; i.e. I didn’t put the stack down but instead held the full weight in front of me for a few seconds until I carried on with the next set (if you get my drift?!).
Anyway, by the end of this lot my thighs were expanded to the point of looking like sandbags and felt very heavy and bulky as I walked to the next machine.

Seated ham curls:

20x50, 10x60, 10x60
6x70, 6x70, 5x80
25x35 high reps
*The hamstrings were already quite worked following the sled press but in the absence of the incline press (which is more suitable for the backs of the thighs than the sled), these reverse leg curls were adequate enough. Plus, I haven’t reached 80kgs on this machine for a while and that’s a boost to both ego and soul.

Leg extensions:
(that’s Ronaldo!)
20x50, 12x70, 8x35
6x100, 6x100, 6x100
15x100, 15x100 “bounce” sets
25x40 high reps
*Lots of work on here today as I am now convinced that my knee issues are caused not by exercise (on the contrary – it helps) but by twisting the foot as in crossing the legs below the knees: that causes a sharp pain and I now know that if I keep myself from angling my feet at awkward positions, my knees do in fact have no niggles.
So with digressing aside, I managed satisfactorily to lift the whole stack on this exercise too with no problems – although I didn’t do too many sets as my inner quads were still complaining from the amount of sled work.
The ‘bounce’ sets mentioned above were done by extending the legs as normal but then doing a number of 6-inch extended reps at the top of the movement without returning the lift to its original position to strengthen and isolate the muscles above the knees more.

Adductor:
25x60, 25x60

Abductor:
15x60, 15x60
(or “good girls and bad girls”)

Ab crunch:
50x30 (feet in front on foot bar)
50x30 (feet on floor)
*Different positions on this ensure the higher and lower abs are worked equally.

Looked at the clock and it was a couple of minutes shy of 45 minutes, so I returned for quick knockout blast on the sled once more, the glutton for punishment that I tend to be lol.

Sled press (finale):
100x80 high reps
*With the legs now begging for mercy, I crawled away to the shower.

There’s no getting away from still wanting to test my strength in the gym. I can’t help it, it’s the way I’ve always trained and even age won’t let me take a breather on the bodybuilding which is inbuilt inside me. But although I keep telling myself (and you folks) about me easing off a little on the heavy stuff, I’m fine with it because it’s good to keep the body strong as we get older as it helps to stave off weakness in the joints and bones.
The main thing for me is to remember to be careful with potential injuries which may happen if I don’t execute the apparatus properly…I do get a bit gung ho at times throwing caution to the wind!
But having said that, I do a good mix of cardio, light weights and heavier work which I’m feeling is about right for me as I travel headlong into my sub-Autumn years!

Thanks for reading
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2018, 07:32 PM

How much fun that you are doing the Wii Fit, LQ! My daughter has one here at the house that she enjoys. I haven't heard of the dancing though; I would expect that working on the steps would distract you from the workout. Have you tried it before/

Floydy, thank you for taking the time to educate the forum on some of the machines you work with. As it happens, you hit the ones that I never miss when going to the gym. They are all good regardless of height and fitness level.

With a cerulean blue sky above, a dozen laughing gulls squawked off their version of the firing gun so I start my way east into the rising sun. Cool and desert dry, it was so clear the paint schemes on the cargo and cruise ships that skimming the the horizon were in perfect focus. Happily letting my mind wander, three miles into the run, I thought about the phrase "The coast is clear," and how applicable it was today. Aside from one man surf fishing and couple basking in the sun, there was no one anywhere. The halfway point came easy enough and the wind was at my back. It was about then that the devil in my head started reminding me that my lungs were struggling and my legs were starting to feel sluggish. My place looked a million miles away, but with a the competition starting today, I looked at my shadow (not so good) and gave it all I had.

5 miles!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

29-10-2018, 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Floydy, thank you for taking the time to educate the forum on some of the machines you work with. As it happens, you hit the ones that I never miss when going to the gym. They are all good regardless of height and fitness level.

With a cerulean blue sky above, a dozen laughing gulls squawked off their version of the firing gun so I start my way east into the rising sun. Cool and desert dry, it was so clear the paint schemes on the cargo and cruise ships that skimming the the horizon were in perfect focus. Happily letting my mind wander, three miles into the run, I thought about the phrase "The coast is clear," and how applicable it was today. Aside from one man surf fishing and couple basking in the sun, there was no one anywhere. The halfway point came easy enough and the wind was at my back. It was about then that the devil in my head started reminding me that my lungs were struggling and my legs were starting to feel sluggish. My place looked a million miles away, but with a the competition starting today, I looked at my shadow (not so good) and gave it all I had.

5 miles!
Nothing wrong with five miles, Suzie and that couple 'basking in the sun' has me feeling jealous as I think about scraping the ice off my car tomorrow morning after work But reading about your adventures certainly puts me in a more relaxed mood as I begin my shift; those warm visions of idyllic scenes from your beautiful part of the world.
What does the big fitness competition entail? Plenty of running I expect?

I'm pleased you are enjoying me posting my workouts by the way. They take me a lot of time to prepare and if people are liking the extra training information and illustated technique photos, then I'm quite happy to continue posting them. besides, apart from this thread and a quick "hello" in the mornings, that's the sum total of my appearances on the forum for the foreseeable future.

Take care all.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2018, 10:41 PM

45 minutes Zumba tonight, then the class I did 10 minutes working down from 10 incline each minute, then I did 10 minutes on the bike. 30 x 30 Sled press then I went for a 20 minute swim, I did 20 lengths in that time, I seem to be getting abit faster at swimming now.

omg Floydy, your stats though for sled press made me pull a shocked face When I do the sled press I can only do 30 x 30 wowee. I tried 40 and I couldn't push it lol.

SM, I was a dancer when I was a kid so I'm quite co-ordinated and pick up steps easily. The Broadway dance game is quite fun but the graphics are a crock of you know what LOL. I'd like to invest in a Xbox one day when I have the money which will probably be never lol. Guess I'll stick to the gym.

Page 209 of 370 « First < 109 159 199 207 208 209 210 211 219 259 309 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top