Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2016, 08:47 AM

Re: Cistern overflow!

Originally Posted by Honey ->
seemingly it could be lots of things! I'll contact a plumber to sort it out, thanks everyone
Please tell us Honey, you can't go asking questions and getting possible answers and then leaving us all in limbo waiting on the outcome !
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2016, 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by malcolm ->
Please tell us Honey, you can't go asking questions and getting possible answers and then leaving us all in limbo waiting on the outcome !
Oh yes she can Malcolm .... have patience!
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2016, 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Oh yes she can Malcolm .... have patience!
...and she does !

Originally Posted by Mags ->
have patience!
That's one quality that I lack Mags...sadly !

Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2016, 05:49 PM

sorry I didn't respond! A plumber is coming later today so I'll find out what the problem is. I need it fixing as I'm going to get a water meter which should work out much cheaper for me
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK

24-02-2016, 06:09 PM

sorry I didn't respond! A plumber is coming later today so I'll find out what the problem is. I need it fixing as I'm going to get a water meter which should work out much cheaper for me
Thanks Honey .. Be sure to get a proper description of the fault for us.
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2016, 04:03 AM

So a nice man checked it out, he changed the siphon and it didn't make a difference, water was still overflowing so he ended up changing all parts at a cost of £60 which I thought was cheap considering the labour and amount of time he spent trying to find the problem, it was a case of trial and error!

I'm now a happy flusher!

I've changed my mind about a water meter as it could prove very expensive if there's a leak or a burst pipe, any water loss would be at my expense so it's a no brainer to stay with my original plan
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK

27-02-2016, 08:21 AM

So...we're none the wiser !
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2016, 10:50 AM

So a nice man checked it out, he changed the siphon and it didn't make a difference, water was still overflowing so he ended up changing all parts at a cost of £60 which I thought was cheap considering the labour and amount of time he spent trying to find the problem, it was a case of trial and error!

I'm now a happy flusher!

I've changed my mind about a water meter as it could prove very expensive if there's a leak or a burst pipe, any water loss would be at my expense so it's a no brainer to stay with my original plan
Fair price.

A point about your water meter if you live alone or there are just 2 of you and you don't water your garden it will be a lot cheaper to have a meter installed

If its installed in your house any leak outside you don't know about you don't have to pay for.

I live alone and my Water bill is just under £140 a YEAR.

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top