Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Deb W
Hereford
Deb W is female  Deb W has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2017, 01:50 PM

Very proud!

Our little grandson has been 'swimming' since he was four weeks old - and he was born six weeks early, so that's pretty good going! He's now 3 years 7 months.

And yesterday he earned two more swimming badges - his 10m distance award, and the ASA Duckling 4 award.

For Duckling 4 the children have to:
*Jump into the water unaided, but supervised.
*Perform a mushroom or star float.
*Rotate 360 degrees, either using a log roll or an upright position.
*Push and glide achieving a streamlined position on the front or back.
*Submerge completely.
*Travel 10 metres on the front or back, without adult support.
*Jump into the water, turn around, swim back to the point of entry and hold on to the side or rail.
*Climb out of the water with adult support if required.

Okay, so both his mummy and granny (me!) are (were, in my case) qualified swim teachers and adult/baby teachers, so he had a bit of a head start, but I'm no less proud of him for that!
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2017, 02:00 PM

Re: Very proud!

Originally Posted by Deb W ->
Our little grandson has been 'swimming' since he was four weeks old - and he was born six weeks early, so that's pretty good going! He's now 3 years 7 months.

And yesterday he earned two more swimming badges - his 10m distance award, and the ASA Duckling 4 award.

For Duckling 4 the children have to:
*Jump into the water unaided, but supervised.
*Perform a mushroom or star float.
*Rotate 360 degrees, either using a log roll or an upright position.
*Push and glide achieving a streamlined position on the front or back.
*Submerge completely.
*Travel 10 metres on the front or back, without adult support.
*Jump into the water, turn around, swim back to the point of entry and hold on to the side or rail.
*Climb out of the water with adult support if required.

Okay, so both his mummy and granny (me!) are (were, in my case) qualified swim teachers and adult/baby teachers, so he had a bit of a head start, but I'm no less proud of him for that!
Good for him.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2017, 02:13 PM

Hi

Well done to the littlie.
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2017, 03:19 PM

Great stuff! It's never too early to teach kids to swim.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2017, 04:54 PM

Well done to your grandson Deb my grandchildren all went into the water as babies its good to learn when they are young...

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	045.JPG
Views:	31
Size:	13.3 KB
ID:	3816  
Deb W
Hereford
Deb W is female  Deb W has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2017, 07:22 PM

it's actually easier to teach children to swim when they are babies than if it's left a year or more. Babies are born with a reflex that shuts their breathing off when they go underwater, so not inhaling in water comes naturally to them. They lose that reflex at about 8/9 months, so if they come to swimming after that age they have to taught breath control from scratch.
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2017, 08:15 PM

Congratulations
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2017, 08:28 PM

Well Done to the wee one, My own kids were also Water Babies, as was I..
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2017, 11:18 PM

Deb, Well done to your little grandson, you must be so proud!
All my grandsons were taught to swim from an early age.
I have had loads of lessons at different ages in my life but l was so frightened of the water.
People would say, 'l'll hold you' and then let me go! I would then sink, panic and be put off!
When l was in my thirties, l had swimming lessons and l once swam a width......and that was it, l never swam again!!
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2017, 01:05 AM

Amazing ! You must be so proud. Well done to the little chap.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top