Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2018, 11:31 AM

roof gutter debris clearance

Yes that time again for the Skyvac to do its job. Just removed 3/4 of a bucket full of leaves -moss and general dirt.

no wonder gutters overflow and then damage house wall rendering costing a lot more to redo
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2018, 12:43 PM

Re: roof gutter debris clearance

I'm pleased you've mentioned this, Realspeed. I normally ask my next door neighbour to do this for me. No way will I go that high on a ladder myself. I'll slip him a few beers.
I'm okay with the garage guttering though.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2018, 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
I'm pleased you've mentioned this, Realspeed. I normally ask my next door neighbour to do this for me. No way will I go that high on a ladder myself. I'll slip him a few beers.
I'm okay with the garage guttering though.
that is why I bought a Skyvac Atom, I can do all the gutters from the ground. it has already paid for itself several times over having someone come in and do the same thing

Best bit of DIY kit I have ever bought. Even over the conservatory roof clearing the gutter is no problem

Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2018, 06:16 PM

I like the look of that, Realspeed. I didn't even know such a thing existed. I don't know if it's cost-effective though as it would only be needed once a year if that?
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

19-08-2018, 08:15 PM

For here it costs to get some one in is around £80/90 for a house this size.
That product is around £450 or there abouts . So using it for me at least only takes 5/6 times use and it has paid for itself, . Don't forget it has a value on the used market as well, so the overall cost is not that much.

The big bonus is you can do it yourself without anyones help or waiting in for when they can do it.

My gutter gets a lot worse but here it is uncleaned but after cleaning no more blocked downpipes or over reaching over conservatories

i have a small compact camera i use to photograph with

Think of it as a nice little sideline earner, even to hire out !!!!!!

How do I do a video? easy

this is all I use

then attach to one of the poles like this

i already had this small compact camera that does videos, a lot cheaper than what is in the advert video
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

19-08-2018, 09:26 PM

Smart peice of kit mate, but I'll leave it for now. Other things to save up for alas.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

19-08-2018, 09:41 PM

Didn't know condoms were that expensive nowadays
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

28-09-2018, 05:38 PM

Just done a check and even at this early stage of autumn there was enough leaves to block the downpipe. Will check again when the leaves really start coming down
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

11-10-2018, 09:07 AM

another clean, the roof gutters filling up with leaves again.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2018, 01:56 PM

Have you considered presenting a shopping channel Realspeed?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top