Join for free
Page 4 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2018, 05:04 PM

Re: Christmas Ads

I have always liked Elton John and I like this Christmas advert for John Lewis, a company I like as well. I also like the music/song - always have.

As Meg and Julie say it is intended to make you think a bit about how a Christmas present can set a child on a life, an absorbing and creative life, which they will feel passionate about and which will give/share something of themselves and bring pleasure to others.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2018, 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
I have always liked Elton John and I like this Christmas advert for John Lewis, a company I like as well. I also like the music/song - always have.

As Meg and Julie say it is intended to make you think a bit about how a Christmas present can set a child on a life, an absorbing and creative life, which they will feel passionate about and which will give/share something of themselves and bring pleasure to others.
I see what you, Julie and Meg are saying. I suppose it didn't work in my case, I didn't see the connection.

I also love the song.
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2018, 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Considering how simple the Ad is, it makes you wonder how much Sir Elt managed to scoop from it.

I'm sure I read somewhere that Sir Elton received £5 million for his appearance.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2018, 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by Ray Cathode ->
I'm sure I read somewhere that Sir Elton received £5 million for his appearance.
Not bad at all.
Madison
UK
Madison is female  Madison has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2018, 07:51 PM

When I first saw it I thought it was a trailer for the Elton John film Rocketman which is coming out next year!
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2018, 07:54 PM

Are they saying that they have inspirational items for sale at John Lewis?
What are they and since when did they sell pianos?
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2018, 08:03 PM

Heh heh..aye They do sell pianos now...Yamahas at almost £900 each....merry xmas
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2018, 08:34 PM

I don't know if anyone is aware but Elton John gave some £27 million to charities last year. Not bad going I would say. I also believe he will be retiring next year.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

18-11-2018, 12:10 AM

Originally Posted by Madison ->
When I first saw it I thought it was a trailer for the Elton John film Rocketman which is coming out next year!
Me too.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2018, 12:25 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I quite like the advertisement it is thought-provoking some gifts are more than 'just a gift' they are life changing.

It make me think of my son getting his first Atari computer one Christmas putting him on the path to starting his own businesses .....
How very odd, I hadn’t seen the full ad until tonight. I was speaking to my daughter earlier today about the laptops I purchased for my grandkids and she was a bit aghast at what I had paid, and I said to her that they were more than just the usual presents this year. I am hoping that for my granddaughter at least the macbook will help her achieve something life changing.

Page 4 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top