Join for free
Page 5 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2018, 12:29 AM

Re: Christmas Ads

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
How very odd, I hadn’t seen the full ad until tonight. I was speaking to my daughter earlier today about the laptops I purchased for my grandkids and she was a bit aghast at what I had paid, and I said to her that they were more than just the usual presents this year. I am hoping that for my granddaughter at least the macbook will help her achieve something life changing.

What a lovely thought, Rehab.
I hope you are right.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2018, 12:32 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
What a lovely thought, Rehab.
I hope you are right.
Me too either way it should help her at school and for homework having a dedicated laptop purely for her own use.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2018, 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
How very odd, I hadn’t seen the full ad until tonight. I was speaking to my daughter earlier today about the laptops I purchased for my grandkids and she was a bit aghast at what I had paid, and I said to her that they were more than just the usual presents this year. I am hoping that for my granddaughter at least the macbook will help her achieve something life changing.
I bought my very first YumYum from Waitrose about twenty years ago and I havn't stopped eating them since. In fact, I have put on so much weight, it has been truly life changing.
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2018, 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I bought my very first YumYum from Waitrose about twenty years ago and I havn't stopped eating them since. In fact, I have put on so much weight, it has been truly life changing.
I guess we don't have to ask the question of "Who ate all the pies then LD."

On the add I believe it was thought provoking..
I have ordered 4 of my grand kids a Zennox keyboard for Christmas they are all taking piano lessons at school and thank god I don't have to live with them while they practice.

I suppose my own kids will be as mad as hell.
But I will put it down to payback.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2018, 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by May ->
Heh heh..aye They do sell pianos now...Yamahas at almost £900 each....merry xmas
Good grief! They're giving 'em away around here! Proper nice walnut ones!
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2018, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I shouldnt laugh , but I will
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2018, 02:24 PM

This is the McDonald's one for this year...

Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2018, 02:27 PM

I've seen that one several times, it's a nice one, but do McD's really have that much carrot to hand?
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2018, 02:39 PM

Sorry but I don't know how to post links, but this is an interesting point of view which I, and I'm sure many others would go along with -

Search YouTube for - 'Christmas Adverts 2018: More Liberal Propaganda' by Mark Collett
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2018, 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
I don't know if anyone is aware but Elton John gave some £27 million to charities last year. Not bad going I would say. I also believe he will be retiring next year.
Well said !

Page 5 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top