Join for free
Page 13 of 15 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 >
Sage
U. S.
Sage is female  Sage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2018, 01:48 AM

Re: Is Glamour Only For The Young?

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
Sage, I hope you don’t mind that I take a quote out of your book.

Quote:

The house echoed silence.
The living room clock ticked louder than normal, like clocks do during awkward moments. In the eerie quiet renewed horror shivered over me. Determined to make it through the day with my control intact, I bit at tissues inside my lips. In our family we did not cry in front of others.

End quote:

I’ve read many nonfictional books about crime but I’ve never read a book by someone I knew. By reading this book I am getting to know you so much better.

I know I’ve said this before but damn girl, you are GOOD!
I don't mind. Thank you...alot. But I do think we need to take this to another thread. Any ideas where and how? My email handler is on the fritz right now, so I'm not getting emails. I just have to keep checking back. Hopefully it will be fixed tomorrow.

By the time you finish it you will know me entirely. I bare my soul completely.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2018, 02:16 AM

Originally Posted by Sage ->
I don't mind. Thank you...alot. But I do think we need to take this to another thread. Any ideas where and how? My email handler is on the fritz right now, so I'm not getting emails. I just have to keep checking back. Hopefully it will be fixed tomorrow.

By the time you finish it you will know me entirely. I bare my soul completely.
I agree. I will start a threat so that about your book but I’m going to wait until I’ve read it completely . That way I can write an honest review and most of the questions figured out that I’d like to ask without ruining the book plot for others who may wish to read it.

I like your writing style. Your sentence phrasing is short and to the point. It’s easy reading and I’m a fussy reader.
Sage
U. S.
Sage is female  Sage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2018, 03:33 AM

Originally Posted by Zelda ->
I dont think age comes into it if you want to look your best, and most women past the age of 30 look a bit better with makeup.

If you like wearing makeup and having nice hair and nails etc....just do it, there is no age limit to looking and feeling great.

Whatever age you are, a nice smile goes a long way too.
Thankfully we are free to disagree about what looks good and what does not, and it no longer matters what anyone else thinks. One does not look awful or unattractive just because they don't wear makeup.

I remember in college coming to a realization in my speech class.... I was getting over being shy and breaking out of the limitations of what others thought of me. I knew that if I went to a bar, stripped off my clothes and danced naked on the table, yes, others would notice. But if they didn't know me, the image of my face would fade from their minds. They would have a tale to tell their grandchildren. They might always remember the event. But they wouldn't remember me or my face.

That realization freed me to be myself, and to do what was right for me. I am myself at all times. I don't look awful without makeup. I look fine. If someone else doesn't like it, that's their opinion. But I'm a "big girl" and I don't like makeup. If you like it. Good. If I don't. Good. I respect another's right to disagree with me.
Sage
U. S.

14-11-2018, 03:37 AM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
I agree. I will start a threat so that about your book but I’m going to wait until I’ve read it completely . That way I can write an honest review and most of the questions figured out that I’d like to ask without ruining the book plot for others who may wish to read it.

I like your writing style. Your sentence phrasing is short and to the point. It’s easy reading and I’m a fussy reader.
Thanks. Good writing means mixing short sentences with longer sentences. And if the subject matter is serious and blunt, it's best to have short sentences to make the point.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2018, 06:38 AM

Thanks. Good writing means mixing short sentences with longer sentences. And if the subject matter is serious and blunt, it's best to have short sentences to make the point.
That makes sense. I also like that you aren’t overly descriptive. I’ve read plenty of books where I’ve almost lost the plot of the story from the author getting overly descriptive.

This part of your life must have been so surreal. It’s amazing how strong you were for your family. You always put them before yourself. It seems like you are carrying all the weight of this family tragedy like it’s ‘your’ responsibility which is extraordinary and your parents are such gentle loving souls. I find it hard to believe you’d hardly ever seen your father upset while growing up.

You are such a strong, brave woman Sage. I truly can’t imagine
what this was like for you growing up. I can understand the need to write and express yourself.

And to get back to the topic I think most women look far better wearing less make up as they age or none at all. Make up seems to accentuate lines & wrinkles as does bold colours.

In my opinion, older women who wear too much make up aren’t doing themselves any favours but I do agree that wearing a smile always helps.

Note: I also want to add that I haven’t a clue what CandyCrunch looks like. That was just my bad attempt at humour.
Sage
U. S.

15-11-2018, 06:41 PM

When I see a woman wearing makeup, especially a lot of makeup, I wonder why she doesn't like herself...what she's hiding from. It's sad to me. I used to wear light makeup. Rarely was I without mascara. After my boyfriend died of cancer when I was 39, I realized it didn't matter what I looked like. Prior to his death he aged 20 years in 3 months. I didn't care what he looked like. I just wanted him to live. He didn't. He'd been a very good looking guy, one who could have been a model, even at 45. And I certainly was tired of guys coming on to me. So I toned it down and out completely. I was 42 when I stopped wearing mascara.

Yes, it was a horrendous time. Mom and Dad were overwhelmed. So I handled it. My sister's husband had put her down so much, that she didn't think she could handle anything. He didn't even think she could stack stuff in the freezer right. Sometimes it's time to step up. After what my brother did, that was the time. I had several titles for the book. It wasn't getting any attention, so I changed the title. At one point it was called Trying Not to Drown. Here's a link to the cover art I painted for it for that title.
http://www.whereartmeetstheheart.com...ttodrown.shtml

Generally being overly descriptive is the sign of a new writer, or a writer who has not learned that less is more.
Zelda
Manchester
Zelda is female 

15-11-2018, 08:27 PM

Thankfully we are free to disagree about what looks good and what does not, and it no longer matters what anyone else thinks. One does not look awful or unattractive just because they don't wear makeup.

I remember in college coming to a realization in my speech class.... I was getting over being shy and breaking out of the limitations of what others thought of me. I knew that if I went to a bar, stripped off my clothes and danced naked on the table, yes, others would notice. But if they didn't know me, the image of my face would fade from their minds. They would have a tale to tell their grandchildren. They might always remember the event. But they wouldn't remember me or my face.

That realization freed me to be myself, and to do what was right for me. I am myself at all times. I don't look awful without makeup. I look fine. If someone else doesn't like it, that's their opinion. But I'm a "big girl" and I don't like makeup. If you like it. Good. If I don't. Good. I respect another's right to disagree with me.
I'm sure you look just fine .
Thats why I said IF you like wearing makeup (and I do) it's personal choice. A woman, no matter what her age, should wear what she feels comfortable with, and that includes makeup.
Sage
U. S.

15-11-2018, 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by Zelda ->
I'm sure you look just fine .
Thats why I said IF you like wearing makeup (and I do) it's personal choice. A woman, no matter what her age, should wear what she feels comfortable with, and that includes makeup.
Turns out they won't allow me to just put in a smiley face.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2018, 09:58 PM

Classic for all ladies of ALL ages. xxxxx
Sage
U. S.

15-11-2018, 11:16 PM

Thanks, Sweetie Pie.

Page 13 of 15 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top