Join for free
Page 11 of 15 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 > Last »
itsme
Wigan UK
itsme is male  itsme has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2018, 07:10 PM

Re: Are we heading for a fresh referendum???

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
When our referendum result was announced, I recall that many people in the Netherlands were saying that they would consider leaving the EU too.
Perhaps, Solasch, you should be making sure that your own people don't pressure your government for a referendum, instead of trying to tell the British what they should do.

If you think that another referendum will sort the problem here, you obviously have little understanding of what has caused the problem!

So, enlighten me, what did cause the problem?
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2018, 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by itsme ->
So, enlighten me, what did cause the problem?
The people who would not accept a democratic vote and did all they could to get it changed.
A bunch of politicians who wanted to remain so found reasons why any deal was unacceptable.
A Labour party who are doing all they can to make sure that a general election will be called, but they have no chance of a good deal either!

You need to live in a country to have an opinion on how it should operate....... because it isn't just about money for many of us!
itsme
Wigan UK
itsme is male  itsme has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2018, 07:51 PM

The people who would not accept a democratic vote and did all they could to get it changed.
A bunch of politicians who wanted to remain so found reasons why any deal was unacceptable.
A Labour party who are doing all they can to make sure that a general election will be called, but they have no chance of a good deal either!

You need to live in a country to have an opinion on how it should operate....... because it isn't just about money for many of us!

So where is the problem?????? you referred to.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2018, 08:18 PM

Hear hear!
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2018, 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Indeed! That stupid woman will go down in history for all the wrong reasons.
I think it is David Cameron who we need to look to blame for this debacle. I believe that he didn't think for one minute that a referendum would result in a leave vote. He is the arrogant barsteward who has got us into this and then bobbied off out of the responsibility for seeing the vote through. Therea May, by taking on leadership, certainly accepted a poison chalice IMO and I think if anyone else had taken the leadership folks would be saying the same about them. I think it is an almost impossible situation to be in - damned if you do and damned if you don't.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2018, 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
I think it is David Cameron who we need to look to blame for this debacle. I believe that he didn't think for one minute that a referendum would result in a leave vote. He is the arrogant barsteward who has got us into this and then bobbied off out of the responsibility for seeing the vote through. Therea May, by taking on leadership, certainly accepted a poison chalice IMO and I think if anyone else had taken the leadership folks would be saying the same about them. I think it is an almost impossible situation to be in - damned if you do and damned if you don't.
Yes, so you try to please everyone.

Unfortunately, that's not working, is it?
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2018, 08:57 PM

Impossible to please some people isn't it?
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2018, 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Yes, so you try to please everyone.

Unfortunately, that's not working, is it?
You are never going to please everyone as I am sure you know - I just think there has to be a middle road, by which I mean taking rational and pragmatic decisions where as few people (and ultimately our country) end up hurt (for hurt read poorer and less secure). Damage limitation in other words and being fully aware of the implications of what we do, especially when the future of our country is concerned.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

16-11-2018, 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
You are never going to please everyone as I am sure you know - I just think there has to be a middle road, by which I mean taking rational and pragmatic decisions where as few people (and ultimately our country) end up hurt (for hurt read poorer and less secure). Damage limitation in other words and being fully aware of the implications of what we do, especially when the future of our country is concerned.
Actually, I take that back.

Although it has often been said that she is attempting to please everyone, it is becoming clearer that her real intention was to keep us in the EU.

She was always a remainer, and still is.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2018, 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Nobody wants another referendum
Stil you are going to have one. Wait and see.

Page 11 of 15 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top