Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
cathy
essex
cathy is female  cathy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2009, 10:53 PM

telephone providers??? need help

im with BT (means bloody terrible dont it??) ive just had my phone bill in. charges where over 58-00!!! and my calls where only 9-00. so concidering telling them where to stick their phone lines wont go with pipex as a few yrs back they RIPPED ME OFF and it took over a year to get the money back.
so was wondering if anyone can recommend a phone service.
we have tv n BB with virgin. but even then they are pricey for their phone lines.just dont know what to do. they are so greedy these big companys. got a good mind to get a couple of bean cans and a lump of string lol
thanx in advance
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2009, 12:22 AM

Re: telephone providers??? need help

How about Sky?

Phone line, phone calls, TV, and broadband from around £40 a month!

Their BB is excellent too! Much better than virgin via bt imo.
misty
Northamptonshire UK
misty is female  misty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2009, 01:13 AM

We are weith Sky
cathy
essex
cathy is female  cathy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2009, 09:17 AM

hmmm might see what deals they are doing. thanx for that.
claireandaisy
Essex
claireandaisy is female  claireandaisy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2009, 09:26 AM

I now pay £35 a month (my last bill) for broadband, TV and phone.
The Broadband is the lowest speed - but enough for normal use. The TV is limited to Freeview channels (I rarely watch TV) and the phone is call-barred for outgoing mobile/ premium rate calls. The family use their own mobiles for anything else!
That`s with Virgin Media. I wouldn`t recommend them particularly, but I find that if you phone up and shout at them that you`re leaving they offer deals
If you phone Virgin and say you`re going to Sky if they don`t offer you a better deal (I got the Introductory Offer when I did it last) you should be able to sort it. If not - move!
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2009, 09:45 AM

I'm with Virgin media, it costs £42 a month, for that I get over a hundred TV channels, talk unlimited on the phone, and broadband internet called surf-unlimited.

The phone package is really good coz I don't pay for calls anywhere in the UK as long as it's a land line and as long as the call doesn't last more than 59 minutes, if I go over the 59 mins I pay for each minute at the standard call rate.
Jan
Scotland
Jan is female  Jan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2009, 01:06 PM

We're with Virgin and so far quite happy.
suey
Shropshire
suey is female  suey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2009, 07:10 PM

We have the Virgin XL package (don't know how many channels )but loads Broadband top package 50 free photo's a month too and Phone unlimited calls (but you really only have 1 hour but you can put the phone down and call again as long as you don't go over the hour £66 per month No problems with them at all been with them for about 15 years now ... All good stuff...
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2009, 09:50 PM

TalkTalk are my telephone service providers. I pay £15.74 a month and for that I get Line Rental-unlimited telephone calls 24 hours providing I don't go over the hour (can put phone down and redial again) and all my calls to Germany are free. There about 15 other countries you can dial for free. Also get 10% off any mobile calls I make.

This is only for the telephone service-but might be worth checking how much they charge for the full package Broadband etc.
cathy
essex

27-09-2009, 09:28 PM

well had great pleasure in telling BT to place their wires where the sun dont shine. and virgin are coming to check our cables on the 6th oct. 7-00 a month 24/7 free calls. it goes up to 10-00 in a yr. so i can handle that
oh and i will get some money back from BT YESSSSSSS
thanx for the advice all

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top