Join for free
Page 11 of 17 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 > Last »
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2018, 12:07 AM

Re: So this is where I stand

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
To be honest Solasch, you should hang your head in shame the way you continuously belittle the UK. When we conveniently remind you of the lives lost fighting your real enemies, you start spouting off about "going back in time". Time you shut up and have some respect for the country that came to your aid in dark times!
Yet they reckon we should stay in Europe.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2018, 12:50 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
How often does an election manifesto deliver everything promised?
Silly point. A General Election does not ask voters to agree a manifesto. It asks voters to elect a party.

Democracy demands that once a majority have picked a party, then that party MUST be moved into No 10 and given power.

If that didn't happen there would be no democracy.

Similarly having had a referendum on whether to Leave the EU, and having had a majority vote to leave, then we must leave, otherwise there is no democracy in the country.

It's really not difficult.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2018, 12:54 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I simply do net get some of the posts on this thread.

Have you read the agreement?

We are out next March, no more EU Army, no more further integration.

It won't happen Swim. The establishment owned and control as it is by the EU and higher powers, are not going to let us out. However it is presented, it will be a sleight of hand con, and we won't actually be out of the EU, out of the control of the EU. Just ain't gonna happen.

The Freemasons and Common Purpose stooges spent 40 years getting us into the EU by stealth and skulduggery, never considering the wishes of the UK people, never giving them a referendum on whether they want to join and lose their sovereignty. They are not about to give up 40 years of work just because Cameron held a referendum.

May's current proposal is a prime example. Purports to leave the EU but in effect does not. Leaves us in an indefinite customs union controlled by the EU. Sleight of hand.

Leaving the EU is nothing but an illusion. Just won't happen.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2018, 12:56 AM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Silly point. A General Election does not ask voters to agree a manifesto. It asks voters to elect a party.

Democracy demands that once a majority have picked a party, then that party MUST be moved into No 10 and given power.

If that didn't happen there would be no democracy.

Similarly having had a referendum on whether to Leave the EU, and having had a majority vote to leave, then we must leave, otherwise there is no democracy in the country.

It's really not difficult.
It's not a "silly point". It's a very relevant point. Voters elect a party based on their promises to deliver a manifesto. After a set period they have another election and more promises from this and other parties. Without a manifesto what would they be voting for? The best looking? What is the legal status of a referendum in our constitution?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2018, 12:58 AM

Leaving the EU is nothing but an illusion. Just won't happen.
That's great news. It confirms what my Greek hairdresser said.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

18-11-2018, 12:59 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Yet they reckon we should stay in Europe.
that is the best worst outcome.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK

18-11-2018, 01:37 AM

It's not a "silly point". It's a very relevant point. Voters elect a party based on their promises to deliver a manifesto. After a set period they have another election and more promises from this and other parties. Without a manifesto what would they be voting for? The best looking? What is the legal status of a referendum in our constitution?
Manifestos are just advertising nothing more.

An election is to vote a party not a manifesto. Period. Your point remains foolish.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

18-11-2018, 01:52 AM

Manifestos are just advertising nothing more.

An election is to vote a party not a manifesto. Period. Your point remains foolish.
What a lot of nonsense. Manifestos are how voters make a decision. A political party is not a football team. Their promises sway voters. Do they deliver? Do they hell.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2018, 10:27 AM

What a lot of nonsense. Manifestos are how voters make a decision. A political party is not a football team. Their promises sway voters. Do they deliver? Do they hell.
I always see it as they tell us what they want to do but until they get in they can't know what is actually possible to do.

They also down right lie on occasions too.
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2018, 10:40 AM

There is absolutely no legal requirement in British law to deliver on a manifesto pledge.

Your naivety in all matters politic is breathtaking.

Page 11 of 17 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top