Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2018, 04:41 PM

Happy chappy

Just realised that, when the UK leaves the EU, I can dust my old adventure novels by Dorothy Clewes and Malcolm Saville for the grandchildren.
I can contact Ian Anderson about a special delivery of scotch.

Smuggling will be lucrative again!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2018, 04:43 PM

Re: Happy chappy

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Just realised that, when the UK leaves the EU, I can dust my old adventure novels by Dorothy Clewes and Malcolm Saville for the grandchildren.

But will you able to buy your missus a glass of Bailey's anymore?
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2018, 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
But will you able to buy your missus a glass of Bailey's anymore?
Bailey's is Irish, they remain in the EU my friend.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2018, 04:48 PM

Bailey's is Irish, they remain in the EU my friend.
You're in The Netherlands! I didn't know. Hope we can still get tulips and clogs
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

07-12-2018, 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
You're in The Netherlands! I didn't know. Hope we can still get tulips and clogs
Who needs them! Why do you think we export them?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2018, 05:24 PM

Hi

More importantly what happens after Brexit?

We are allowed to import vast amounts of cheap booze and fags from the EU.

Are they going to change this and restrict the quantities?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2018, 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

More importantly what happens after Brexit?

We are allowed to import vast amounts of cheap booze and fags from the EU.

Are they going to change this and restrict the quantities?
I hope so. It's heartening to see so few young people drink and smoke these days if we could just stop the older people too. Happy days.
scot37
Aberdeenshire
scot37 is male  scot37 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2018, 07:08 PM

You could have plenty of wine to drink as well if it becomes too expensive to import into the UK.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

07-12-2018, 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by scot37 ->
You could have plenty of wine to drink as well if it becomes too expensive to import into the UK.
Talk about preparing for a no deal brexit. Seems you produce more than enoiugh wine on yourself already:

Vineyards within the UK have become “increasingly fashionable among City workers looking to invest their bonuses”, the financial firm said, as British vineyards are far less expensive compared with established wine-growing in Europe and the New World.

James Simmonds, partner at UHY Hacker Young said that English and Welsh wines are “now not only being recognised by domestic consumers, but also starting to win acclaim on an international level.

“Whilst City workers may have previously invested in the traditional wine regions of Bordeaux or Chianti, they now have the option of being part of the UK wine scene.”

“As English wine continues to thrive more producers and enthusiasts will likely seek to capitalise on its success this will help to drive further investment so that the present growth trend is further enforced.”

The wine industry is now*one of the UK’s fastest growing sectors; the area under vine has increased 135% in the last decade (tripling since 2000) and 2017 will mark the largest planting programme yet seen.

In particular, producers of English sparkling wines, which account for two thirds of the UK’s production, have ramped up their production and received national acclaim.
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2018, 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by scot37 ->
Wine from Australia, New Zealand, South America and California is already the wine of choice for many in the UK, maybe the loss of a market should be worrying the French, Italian, German and Portuguese producers more.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top