Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2018, 05:39 PM

Re: Monday Monday

Originally Posted by itsme ->
I see that your geography matches the rest of your comments,

Wigan is in England and the Netherlands is, well, on the European Main land.
Not very far on a keyboard though.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2018, 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
There is no shame in saying. It's in the EU. Oops, so are you.
I have to admit, that was funny.
itsme
Wigan UK
itsme is male  itsme has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2018, 12:33 PM

Well! it seems that with the lack of responses by thinking people, it would appear that one's original post was correct.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2018, 01:08 PM

Well! it seems that with the lack of responses by thinking people, it would appear that one's original post was correct.
UK should be able to unilaterally cancel its withdrawal from the EU, according to a top European law officer.The non-binding opinion was delivered by the European Court of Justice's advocate general on december 4.
With that text started another thread on this forum, with the to be expected denials and rejections. The opinions were split along the line on the forum of leavers vs. remainers. So a majority for the proposal to revoke article 50, because most on this forum are sensible people. 🤐
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2018, 08:38 PM

The ECJ is to make its decision on whether the UK can unilaterally revoke article 50.

30 seconds after the ruling the UK needs to set in train arrangements to do so, and bring to an end once and for all this national populist and imperial nostalgia driven nonsense.

And bollox to the 3.4% majority who only came to their opinion based on demented and ill thought through drivel and lies laid on upon lies.
And if the ECJ decides the UK does not have the right to unilaterally revoke article 50 do you demand a second vote?

Then a 3rd ,4th, 5th maybe?
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2018, 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
And bollox to those who cannot respect a democratic vote.
I agree.

What a fud itsme and his nasty bunch of cohorts are.

Intolerant, Angry , Hateful and anti-democratic Remainers will not force me to stay in the totalitarian , anti-democratic , Global Business prioritising EU against the will of the majority.

I will take to the streets before that happens.

Au Revoir ,EU.......Je ne taime plus!
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2018, 01:52 AM

30 seconds after the ruling the UK needs to set in train arrangements to do so, and bring to an end once and for all this national populist and imperial nostalgia driven nonsense.
No what it needs to do is run for the hills out of the EU with NO DEAL before the door shuts us in.

we have democracy here and many freedoms, the envy of the world. Just look at all the immigrants doing their level best to get here. Are they trying to get to bloody Belgium? lols

You EU stooges support communism, and dictatorship in an increasingly totalitarian federal state, a police state.

You'll find no sympathy here. We don't want your totalitarian rule, we don't want our hard fought freedoms discarded and abandoned. No sir. Those are things worth fighting for. They always have been worth fighting for and the UK WILL ONCE AGAIN fight for them if necessary.

And bollox to the 3.4% majority who only came to their opinion based on demented and ill thought through drivel and lies laid on upon lies.
I'm afraid that is the democratic process. You don't have to like it, you just have to accept it because that's our system in the UK. No-one needs to have good reasons to vote a particular way. They can flip a coin, they can vote for a party because they like its name or its leader. That's how the system works pal and there's nothing you can do about it.

Millions of stupid numpties voted Blair in a few years ago and that saw us taken into an illegal war in Iraq and the country being bankrupted by Gordon Browns uncontrolled spending. It did immense damage to this country and thus to its people.
It was a sh*t decision to vote Bliar in but it was a democratic decision and let me be very clear:

I will defend to the hilt every UK citizen's right to vote the wrong way

That is the freedom we have

That is democracy

And you pathetic EU stooges are not taking that away.

We're out of the stinking EU cesspit. Get over it and stop your teenage whinging.
itsme
Wigan UK
itsme is male  itsme has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2018, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
No what it needs to do is run for the hills out of the EU with NO DEAL before the door shuts us in.

we have democracy here and many freedoms, the envy of the world. Just look at all the immigrants doing their level best to get here. Are they trying to get to bloody Belgium? lols

You EU stooges support communism, and dictatorship in an increasingly totalitarian federal state, a police state.

You'll find no sympathy here. We don't want your totalitarian rule, we don't want our hard fought freedoms discarded and abandoned. No sir. Those are things worth fighting for. They always have been worth fighting for and the UK WILL ONCE AGAIN fight for them if necessary.

I'm afraid that is the democratic process. You don't have to like it, you just have to accept it because that's our system in the UK. No-one needs to have good reasons to vote a particular way. They can flip a coin, they can vote for a party because they like its name or its leader. That's how the system works pal and there's nothing you can do about it.

Millions of stupid numpties voted Blair in a few years ago and that saw us taken into an illegal war in Iraq and the country being bankrupted by Gordon Browns uncontrolled spending. It did immense damage to this country and thus to its people.
It was a sh*t decision to vote Bliar in but it was a democratic decision and let me be very clear:

I will defend to the hilt every UK citizen's right to vote the wrong way

That is the freedom we have

That is democracy

And you pathetic EU stooges are not taking that away.

We're out of the stinking EU cesspit. Get over it and stop your teenage whinging.

Can I assume then that you don't agree?

Your comment that 'we run for the hills with no deal' only reflects you total lack of understanding of what that would mean.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2018, 02:47 PM

The UK can revoke article 50 unilaterally the ECJ ruled today.
The BBC reported on it as that being a victory for the UK over the EU. Is that to prepare the public for a decision to revoke and stay in the EU? Is intelligence and sense prevailing in this brexit shambles?
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2018, 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
The UK can revoke article 50 unilaterally the ECJ ruled today.
The BBC reported on it as that being a victory for the UK over the EU. Is that to prepare the public for a decision to revoke and stay in the EU? Is intelligence and sense prevailing in this brexit shambles?
Not a victory for the UK at all, just those who voted to remain and have done their utmost to overturn a democratic vote. I bet they'll all be shouting and cheering and clinking their champagne filled glasses tonight.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top