Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2018, 08:51 AM

Questions raised over ferry contract

The scumbag 'nasty party' have managed to hand out over £40 Million to a company to run a ferry service from Ramsgate to Ostend. The problem is, this company doesn't own any ships, has no track record of running a ferry service, in fact has no record of doing anything and according to their accounts, has a book value of just £66.00

We are told that the Government have done vigerous checks on this company - yeah, right,!!!

"As with all contracts, we carefully vetted the company's commercial, technical and financial position in detail before making the award."

https://www.aol.co.uk/news/2018/12/3...ith-no-shipsa/
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2018, 08:53 AM

Re: Questions raised over ferry contract

Who owns it ?
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2018, 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Who owns it ?

Probably some scumbag 'nasty party' member !!!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2018, 09:14 AM

Hi

Is there anything more stupid?

Yes, Corbyns plan to nationalise.

That will bankrupt the UK.

One more thing.

Your support for mass murdering Terrorists.

I have severe PTSD, a legacy of picking up body parts of innocent women and kids killed by by your hero IRA.

You have boasted about welcoming them.

I would welcome the opportunity of meeting them in a room on our own.

I am no innocent kid or a woman.

They are simply murdering cowards and I know who would be walking out of the room.

It would not be your mates.

They planted a bomb where my kids went on School Trips.

That is simply not allowed.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2018, 10:42 AM

And back on topic.....

I googled them a french man appears to own the company with some others who have hands in many pies, lots of government contracts between them all.

I don't know their politics but I think I can guess.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2018, 12:45 PM

As I understand it the company has been awarded a contract to supply services to the value of £13.8m. There is a huge difference between being awarded a contract and just being given the money. The contract value is only paid if the contract is fulfilled, so the onus is now on this company to put in place the arrangements to provide those services when required and good luck to them I say, as far as I'm concerned these are the huge risks that businesses take and it's this spirit of enterprise and entrepeneurship which makes this country great.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2018, 12:56 PM

I think it's behoven of government to do due diligence though Barry, Make sure the company is able to do what it says, the berths are narrow where they are planning to land, very few ferries made can get in there. A new company will it be able to fulfill the contract at all ? can they get enough ferries even ?

I have no confidence this government can organise anything any more.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2018, 12:58 PM

https://bfenthusiasts.com/bfe/topic/...msgateostende/

from2017

https://theisleofthanetnews.com/2018...borne-freight/

Latest news from local media
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2018, 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
As I understand it the company has been awarded a contract to supply services to the value of £13.8m. There is a huge difference between being awarded a contract and just being given the money. The contract value is only paid if the contract is fulfilled, so the onus is now on this company to put in place the arrangements to provide those services when required and good luck to them I say, as far as I'm concerned these are the huge risks that businesses take and it's this spirit of enterprise and entrepeneurship which makes this country great.
I agree with you Barry. A new company will be hungry for success and will hopefully provide a bit of competition. Much better than giving the contract to one of the big boys who would no doubt rip us off. There will be new job opportunities too.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2018, 02:35 PM

From what I can ascertain, this company, Seaborne Freight Ltd is a newly formed company as of 5/4/17 . It is a British company and all of its company directors are British barring one French Director.

Have to say, in my last employment, we would not have touched them with credit - being such a new company and only their first year's books filed up to April 2018, but my understanding is that the Government awarded the contract to them because it was a choice between them, the French or Danish companies, so I say good luck to them being British, and let's hope there are many more British companies awarded contracts now we are leaving (not that there are many wholly owned British companies left).

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top