Join for free
Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2019, 10:45 PM

Re: Sugar overload

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
I totally disagree with you that cutting out sugar won’t make an apeth of difference to anyone on this forum provided they are not obese to start with but I’m not going to argue the point.
Originally Posted by Roxy ->
I agree with you Bratti, I know it made a big difference to me.
I find the best way to avoid sugar is to use my Slow Cooker and cook everything from scratch, then I know what I'm putting in it and there's no sugar or salt going in at all.
What difference has sugar made to you Bratti and Roxy? And are either of you Type 2 diabetic?

I'm truly interested.....
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2019, 10:49 PM

Good point Bob (re your last but one post). It all depends on people's taste buds I think and a 'sweet tooth'. It's not easy to ween yourself off sugar quickly but it can be done.
Similar to smoking.

Sweeteners can be up to 300 times sweeter than sugar, hence the size of these little pills. Nobody's still sure if they are any worse for you than sugar though, although I have stopped taking them as a precaution.
Again, we can use the comparison of tobacco vs. vaping....but please, let's not go into depth about smoking in here
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2019, 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
The trouble with sugar substitutes is the body is still getting it's 'Sweet Fix' and you will never be rid of the craving for the sweet things. The only way to stop eating sweet things is to stop eating simple sugars all together.

Yeah, I can understand that in a way Foxy, but I don't crave a lot of sweet things, I don't like 'em.
I could try to cut out the sweeteners though, I only have one so it shouldn't be too difficult.
I have never been happy about the Aspartame anyway.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2019, 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Good point Bob (re your last but one post). It all depends on people's taste buds I think and a 'sweet tooth'. It's not easy to ween yourself off sugar quickly but it can be done.
Similar to smoking.

Sweeteners can be up to 300 times sweeter than sugar, hence the size of these little pills. Nobody's still sure if they are any worse for you than sugar though, although I have stopped taking them as a precaution.
Again, we can use the comparison of tobacco vs. vaping....but please, let's not go into depth about smoking in here

Yes Floydy, going cold turkey is the best way if really want to cut out sugar.
Eventually you won't miss it as your body adjusts.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

03-01-2019, 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Yeah, I can understand that in a way Foxy, but I don't crave a lot of sweet things, I don't like 'em.
I could try to cut out the sweeteners though, I only have one so it shouldn't be too difficult.
I have never been happy about the Aspartame anyway.
Aspartame is very bad Mups, more a chemical designed on the lab bench than grown naturally.....
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2019, 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Not yet Mavis.
You are a very healthy man, Longdogs

Mavis

Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2019, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Joking aside, that's why exercise is essential.
You are right Floydy

Exercise, physical and mental will keep you young and agile.

Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2019, 01:41 PM

Yes Floydy, going cold turkey is the best way if really want to cut out sugar.
Eventually you won't miss it as your body adjusts.
I did that I have to say I don't recommend it I'd do it more gradually if I did it again. You get the shakes, sweats etc it's like coming off a drug if you do it quickly. I felt quite unwell for about a week then I felt better but I don't think I'd put my body through it again.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

04-01-2019, 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I did that I have to say I don't recommend it I'd do it more gradually if I did it again. You get the shakes, sweats etc it's like coming off a drug if you do it quickly. I felt quite unwell for about a week then I felt better but I don't think I'd put my body through it again.
Yes Julie, it is a drug! I stopped smoking easily, but I would never quit sugar.......
I love the stuff.....Always have......And there's nothing wrong with me!......
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2019, 04:24 PM

Yes Julie, it is a drug! I stopped smoking easily, but I would never quit sugar.......
I love the stuff.....Always have......And there's nothing wrong with me!......

Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top