Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2019, 06:09 PM

Re: They Love Each Other.

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Another one.

Does your heart good to see them so close like that, doesn't it. I know just what you mean.
I think some dogs grow very deep attachments with each other.

How old are they Pauline?

I hope you don't mind if I add two pics here please?

13 years ago, when I first brought the real 'Mups' home, one of my GSD boys took her under his wing and looked after her from her very first day, which is pictured below.

My big gentle giant used to let her sleep snuggled in to his long belly hair, he used to wash her, get her to wee and then clean her up, give her have his favourite toys, and they were always together, even when she grew up. He was so careful not to step on her or hurt her.

I have never seen a dog pine like she did for several months, when her big friend died.

This was the same two a couple of years later - still together.

(Just incase you wondered why my Beddie has changed colour, they are all black when they are born, and the 'blue' gradually comes in over the following few months)
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2019, 06:48 PM

Awww thanks everyone!....lovely dogs,Mups!...I never thought a male dog,could be so gentle around a female,my jack is like a bull in a china shop,but around Rosie,a completely different dog!..Rosie is about 8 and jack about 10...how old is Mups?..has your German Shepherd gone to doggy heaven?..what a beautiful dog he is.sorry Mups,just read he passed away.look how Mups is looking adorabley at her best friend.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2019, 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Awww thanks everyone!....lovely dogs,Mups!...I never thought a male dog,could be so gentle around a female,my jack is like a bull in a china shop,but around Rosie,a completely different dog!..Rosie is about 8 and jack about 10...how old is Mups?..has your German Shepherd gone to doggy heaven?..what a beautiful dog he is.sorry Mups,just read he passed away.look how Mups is looking adorabley at her best friend.

Thanks Pauline.
They used to get called "The odd couple" in the local park, because they looked so odd with huge their size difference.
I've had dogs all my life, but never had two who were always together like those two.
He'd have defended her with his life, same as he would for me.

Biff (the GSD) treated her like she was made of percelain, and the little monkey knew she could twist him round her paw.

Who wears the trousers with your two?
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2019, 07:22 PM

I can imagine,I remember taking Rosie my little Chihuahua for a walk,we met our neighbour on our rounds,with her massive German Shepherd,I'm not joking its the size of a small pony,they looked so funny together,if he got to close,Rosie would put him in his place,of course if he wanted to turn,she wouldn't have stood a chance,but he was very gentle with her,..I must say,this is the first time,I have ever known two dogs to bond like these two,...who wears the trousers,guess!....

Rosie the chihuahua,a very bold little madman!!.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2019, 08:04 PM

awww, what a lovely post. Delightful. So happy for you and them Pauline x
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2019, 09:46 PM

Oh Mups they are so beautiful

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top