Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2019, 08:16 PM

Re: Visiting my step children

Muddy my second husband loved his children & I always tried to be pleasant and friendly with them, but they were not the stepchildren I would have chosen!
He had given both of them too much of their own way, and I am sure they always saw me as an obstacle to them doing so.
His son worked for him so, when I discovered that he was paying for foreign holidays with his fathers credit card, and neither of us knew, I told him that the monthly repayments should be deducted from his pay.....but his dad said I can't do that!
His ex wife had left him with debts too & his son was now doing the same, so I said that his son must repay or my husband must go, because I had no intention of helping him repay more of his families debts.
We are still friends and he calls for a coffee sometimes, but the last time he told me that his son had got him into further debt & I had been right. Sadly I had to tell him that I could not help or have him back, because trust is important to me & his son had destroyed that!
You are unlikely to win a battle between a husband & his children, so you either accept it and comfort your hubby regarding their behaviour, or end your marriage! Never an easy choice!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2019, 12:26 PM

Safe drive home for you and Mr Muddy....
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2019, 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Muddy my second husband loved his children & I always tried to be pleasant and friendly with them, but they were not the stepchildren I would have chosen!
He had given both of them too much of their own way, and I am sure they always saw me as an obstacle to them doing so.
His son worked for him so, when I discovered that he was paying for foreign holidays with his fathers credit card, and neither of us knew, I told him that the monthly repayments should be deducted from his pay.....but his dad said I can't do that!
His ex wife had left him with debts too & his son was now doing the same, so I said that his son must repay or my husband must go, because I had no intention of helping him repay more of his families debts.
We are still friends and he calls for a coffee sometimes, but the last time he told me that his son had got him into further debt & I had been right. Sadly I had to tell him that I could not help or have him back, because trust is important to me & his son had destroyed that!
You are unlikely to win a battle between a husband & his children, so you either accept it and comfort your hubby regarding their behaviour, or end your marriage! Never an easy choice!

Oh heck nothing like that thank goodness Twink .
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2019, 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Safe drive home for you and Mr Muddy....

Thank you OGF
Just arrived back have lit the wood burner and will shortly indulge in a glass of red .
So glad to be home .
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2019, 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Thank you OGF
Just arrived back have lit the wood burner and will shortly indulge in a glass of red .
So glad to be home .
Good on you Muddy......Cheers...
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2019, 08:42 PM

Hi

You have done your job Muddy and been supportive.

Enjoy your wine.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

03-02-2019, 08:45 PM

Thank you gentlemen

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top