Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2019, 02:02 PM

post Brexit election

Will Teresa May obtain a landslide victory in a post Brexit election if she delivers a no deal Brexit? What are the predictions?Donkeyman.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2019, 02:07 PM

Re: post Brexit election

May's own party will 'ditch her' long before we get to a General Election - remember she promised to resign immediately after Brexit otherwise she would be wearing lots of scumbag 'nasty party' Brexiteers knives in her back, so the question is irrelevant.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2019, 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Will Teresa May obtain a landslide victory in a post Brexit election if she delivers a no deal Brexit? What are the predictions?Donkeyman.
I think she would.

After all, she would have the thanks of the majority of the voting population and, of course, not many sensible people would vote for Compo.

It would be not only in her own interest, but in the interest of the country as a whole.

Having said that, I have heard that she intends to stand down as soon as we have left the EU, so it's anyone's guess.
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2019, 02:21 PM

The next election will be akin to choosing which is the best of a bad bunch of apples you fancy most and I doubt many from any sides would bother voting to be honest as whatever your views on brexit the only common ground seen by the great unwashed is that NON have honoured their OWN MANIFESTOS , NON have voted in accordance with THEIR local electorate but that ALL have simply done their own thing and that above all else will be reminded upon by the press at election time
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2019, 02:37 PM

If May delivers No Deal BrExit and actually gets us out properly then she will be the country's heroine and yes, will get a landslide victory at the next election. It would be the making of her.

On the other hand if she betrays everyone and keeps us in the EU via the fudge deal currently tabled, then she will be out. I fear this is what will actually happen, that she is actually just working for the EU.

The thing is either way old Jezbollah Corbyn hasn't the slightest chance of ever getting to No 10. People will vote Tory just to keep the old Marxist and his rabble of idiots out.
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2019, 02:51 PM

The thing is either way old Jezbollah Corbyn hasn't the slightest chance of ever getting to No 10. People will vote Tory just to keep the old Marxist and his rabble of idiots out.

Will they ? I doubt I’m not alone in thinking il never bother voting again to be perfectly honest
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2019, 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by marmaduke ->

Will they ? I doubt I’m not alone in thinking il never bother voting again to be perfectly honest

Good!!! - one less vote for the scumbag 'nasty party'!!!
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2019, 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by marmaduke ->
I have sympathy with that viewpoint. If there is a media campaign by some party to encourage people to spoil papers in protest of the corrupt political system then yes, it might be worth doing.

Otherwise, all you will be doing by failing to vote is risk the Looney Labour party getting more votes. However bad one deems the Tories to be, the prospect of Marxist Corbyn and the hapless Abbot anywhere No 10 is far far worse.
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)

12-02-2019, 03:16 PM

I’d happily sit back and watch the Corbin and Abbott loony tunes show on remainers victory

Call it payback time
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2019, 03:58 PM

When the Candidates come around to canvass, for the next election, I suggest that they should wear bullet proof clothing.

They must know they'll be in for an ear bashing.

Voters should get lie detector apps on their mobile phones, although you'll be able to tell when a caller is lying - his/her lips will be moving!

If they come here I am thinking of asking "How much is it worth then?"

I think that's how they negotiate in modern times.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top