Join for free
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2019, 11:59 PM

Technology of the future

I have just been reading Google have designed footwear (trainers) which warns you if you are getting fat!

Quote:
"The trainers have sensors monitoring weight gain and alert the wearer of any changes via their smartphone.

Website TechRadar said they could be used to spot health problems and that 'wearables' of the future may well come built right into our clothing. Not only tracking essential activity and fitness data, but also doing more with that data, identifying possible health issues.

Scientists at Google's parent company, Alphabet, are also working on shoes which can detect a fall in the elderly and send an alert to relatives.

'Smart' contact lenses will also be developed which can detect eye problems."

Goodness, I am still struggling to understand my new mobile!
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2019, 09:48 AM

Re: Technology of the future

I have a mental picture of an alarm going off in my shoes as I walk along!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2019, 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I have just been reading Google have designed footwear (trainers) which warns you if you are getting fat!

Quote:
"The trainers have sensors monitoring weight gain and alert the wearer of any changes via their smartphone.

Website TechRadar said they could be used to spot health problems and that 'wearables' of the future may well come built right into our clothing. Not only tracking essential activity and fitness data, but also doing more with that data, identifying possible health issues.

Scientists at Google's parent company, Alphabet, are also working on shoes which can detect a fall in the elderly and send an alert to relatives.

'Smart' contact lenses will also be developed which can detect eye problems."

Goodness, I am still struggling to understand my new mobile!
I don't wear trainers, they are so ugly - had some once and they never trained me to do anything - very disappointing
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2019, 09:52 AM

Oh gawd....stay well away from those little sneaks....can do without my shoes dobbing me in...

Edited to say I just mentioned this thread to my hubby..
He said I hope they whisper the warning
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2019, 09:56 AM

Get a big, active dog!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2019, 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I have a mental picture of an alarm going off in my shoes as I walk along!

Can you imagine it.... ''Step away from the donuts.... Step away from the donuts'
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2019, 05:32 PM

There are already panic buttons which sense a sharp fall and send a message to a carer.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2019, 11:51 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
There are already panic buttons which sense a sharp fall and send a message to a carer.

Yes Ffosse, I got my Mum one of those a few years back.
She could wear it on her wrist like a watch, or round her neck like a pendant.
It was very efficient too.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top