Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2019, 06:28 PM

Re: McDonnell's views on Churchill.

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
I like ya style devo - hang around and queer the patch!!
So you are not here to have a meaningful dialogue after all. You are a WUM then?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2019, 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by big ben ->
Good Morning Uncle Tom
How easy it is to criticize someone when they are dead and cannot respond to the accusations. Say whatever you will, Churchill was our saviour during WW2. I lived through those years and will be ever grateful for his leadership.
He was a leader when the country needed one .
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2019, 06:46 PM

Hi

UJ, Uncle Joe, Stalin's nickname.

Stalin or Churchill.

Which one would you prefer?
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2019, 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
just as Queen Victoria was a leader of the great british empire; subjugating Indigenous peoples all over the world - turning them into slaves - and now where has it got the great british empire - no more! - soon it will an off shoot of Saudi Arabia or Afghanistan ; or Iraq ; or Pakistan perhaps??
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2019, 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
So you are not here to have a meaningful dialogue after all. You are a WUM then?
That's why I have the old silly billy on ignore
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2019, 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I wish we had one now!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2019, 07:31 PM

The big question is, who the **** is John McDonnell? I had to Google the tw*t to find out. Then all became obvious, he is one of the Loonies.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2019, 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
The usual sensationalist clap trap from our resident Communist supporting dinosaur.

Let's have the real story not the half baked BS that the Grauniad comes up with for it's weak minded robotic audience

https://winstonchurchill.org/publica...of-lethal-gas/
AAH the GRAUNIAD, the name takes me back to the swinging sixties and Richard Ingrams stint as editor of Private Eye and the first appearance of this soubriquet.

I saw this paragraph recently giving a marvelous example of their mashed up spelling

To return to spelling, you doubt that we have made "vast improvements"? How about this 45-year-old cutting from the paper:

"The Republican National Comittee decided in the spring that its chances of the White House in 1964 would be very slim indeed if it did not capture California, the second largest state, in 1962. Nobody less than its strongest possible vote-getter would do to defeat the incumbent Governor, Edmund (Pat) Brown. When it said this, Mr Nion was looking towards Washington, but the committee was liiking at Mr Nixon. He would have to oick the candidate, and if he oicked another man, eho lost, the party would be loth to nominate for the Preidency a national leader whose influence could not carry his own state in a state election. Yet, if Mr Noxon ran himself and won, he would practiclly forsweat the presidency; for, like allaspiring governors, he has been bocal and bitter about men who use the governor's mansion as a springboard int the White House."
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2019, 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by Robert Junior ->
AAH the GRAUNIAD, the name takes me back to the swinging sixties and Richard Ingrams stint as editor of Private Eye and the first appearance of this soubriquet.

I saw this paragraph recently giving a marvelous example of their mashed up spelling

To return to spelling, you doubt that we have made "vast improvements"? How about this 45-year-old cutting from the paper:

"The Republican National Comittee decided in the spring that its chances of the White House in 1964 would be very slim indeed if it did not capture California, the second largest state, in 1962. Nobody less than its strongest possible vote-getter would do to defeat the incumbent Governor, Edmund (Pat) Brown. When it said this, Mr Nion was looking towards Washington, but the committee was liiking at Mr Nixon. He would have to oick the candidate, and if he oicked another man, eho lost, the party would be loth to nominate for the Preidency a national leader whose influence could not carry his own state in a state election. Yet, if Mr Noxon ran himself and won, he would practiclly forsweat the presidency; for, like allaspiring governors, he has been bocal and bitter about men who use the governor's mansion as a springboard int the White House."
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2019, 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Thank you Longdogs, I thought I would step away from my normal hangout in Leisurely scribbles & with my gracious presence spread a little lurve by entering into the UJ baiting pit.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top