Join for free
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2019, 09:19 AM

Re: Good Ol' England

Good one summer. We're all earthlings for crying out loud.
BTW, where is this thing called England again?
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2019, 09:24 AM

It's somewhere near Yorkshire I think
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2019, 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
It's somewhere near Yorkshire I think
WOW, then you are one of those Englanders.
weedeek
Dumfries, Scotland
weedeek is male  weedeek has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2019, 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
We're all mongrels for goodness sake get over yourselves.
“We’re aa Jack Thamsons Bairn’s”- as we say up here.
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2019, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by weedeek ->
Yeah! Exactly! Al us non-English ask for is acknowledgment and respect. Could ask how we can have an equal union when one country is so much bigger than the rest put together but weve been there and it belongs to another thread. Anyway, good morning from a sunny Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

We have got the biggest share of the Union Flag.
weedeek
Dumfries, Scotland
weedeek is male  weedeek has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2019, 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by Ray Cathode ->
We have got the biggest share of the Union Flag.
Eh! Never heard that one before.
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2019, 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by weedeek ->
“We’re aa Jack Thamsons Bairn’s”- as we say up here.
Jock Thamson in these parts and John Thompson in Northumbria!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2019, 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
Are the Scots any less Scottish within the UK..............definitely not. Probably moreso.

Born in England, growing up in England and raising my family in England I never once referred to myself as English.

We just got on with life.

One thing I notice about living in Scotland is how obsessed the Scots are with their nationality.......Too much so.
If the Scots just got on with improving their lot in life instead of banging on about their 'Scottishness' I'm convinced they would have a far more successful nation by default.

They just don't seem to get it and bang on about conflicts from over 300 years ago or Thatcher implementing the poll tax up there first, like that justifies their disdain for all things English.

Tbh , I find it amusing, join in the banter, make it clear that I'm English and will not apologise to anyone for that and tbh, they soon get back in their box every time the Scotland rugby /football team embarrasses them again.
There's nothing wrong with people being proud of their country; perhaps we English should try to be more so.

It does rankle with me, though when they come across as being treated unfairly compared to the English.
Do we English benefit from a Barnett Formula?
Do we English rejoice in free university education?

Is that the lack of equality you're talking about, Weedeek?

When that fat SNP wallah gets up in the Commons, he comes across as permanently annoyed and whingeing about the sheer unfairness of Scottish life as part of the UK and never has a good thing to say about us.

He, and his supporters, should vote for Scottish independence and have done with it.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2019, 10:18 PM

No need to be bitter JBR. The Scots just happen to manage things better.
basser
Chatterbox
ENGLAND
basser is male  basser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2019, 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
No need to be bitter JBR. The Scots just happen to manage things better.
They manage things better..uhh.. you must be out of your tree

Have you never heard of the The RBS and the cock up that surrounds it … and you say they manage things better than the English, open your eyes my dear and stop taking on board the bullshit..

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top