Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2019, 12:14 AM

Re: Could There Really be Civil Unrest if Brexit is not Delivered?

I blame the 52% of the British voters who voted leave, they should never have been allowed to vote for what they believed!
Only the Remoaners know what is good for this country!
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2019, 01:26 AM

the EU is falling apart - finance wise and I don't think it ever really existed from a cultural point of view - but have you forgotten little old Switzerland ? - never joined the EU - how are they no - NO hard borders and doing very well thank you - this is all haw how!
Banchory
Kent
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2019, 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
the EU is falling apart - finance wise and I don't think it ever really existed from a cultural point of view - but have you forgotten little old Switzerland ? - never joined the EU - how are they no - NO hard borders and doing very well thank you - this is all haw how!
The Uk could have borders like Switzerland but like Switzerland we would need to be part of the Schengen zone and allow free movement of people.

Freight Nd goods are another matter as queues of trucks at the Swiss border can be horrendous

The problem is that the UK wants To have the proverbial Boris cake and eat it too. Unfortunately Boris lives in a fantasy world of Unicorns and functional zipwires

As for the EU falling apart, possibly they are but despite the differences and issues that they have they look to be a lot healthier than the UK at present wherein the government is split, the people are split and rather than prosper as a nation with our own trade agreements it is bevomming apparent that we will be worse off for some considerable time
big ben
United Kingdom
big ben is male  big ben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2019, 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
We will all feel incensed but it will die down and we'll just get on with it...personally I might join a march or something but if it turned riotous.....I'd leave I'm not into that

I agree 100% Just think about it. Train fares rise to the highest level in Europe. We moan and complain but accept it.
Energy prices rise to record levels, higher than anywhere else in Europe. We moan and complain but accept it.
Billions of pounds are poured into overseas aid while our own people are suffering poverty and have to rely on things like food banks to stay alive. We moan and complain but accept it.
Essential services like police and care for the elderly and sick are being cut to the bone while vast sums of money are being paid as bonus,s to business executives who fail in their jobs. We moan and complain but accept it.
Council tax is forever rising yet the services some are getting from their councils is being reduced. We moan and complain but accept it.
Perhaps nationwide riots and protests would be a good thing and maybe bring to the attention of the ruling parties that the country has had enough of being trodden down.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2019, 10:06 AM

If Brexit is not delivered I would like to see a campaign to withhold taxes , I don't see why I should help to pay Junkers wine bill , there are plenty of things we should be spending our taxes on in this country not subsidising the EU
Unsure
UK
Unsure is male  Unsure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2019, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
The same places. There will just be different terms and conditions.
Please do give more detail of the different terms and conditions that have to be agreed by 1000s of buyers and suppliers by March 29.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2019, 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by Unsure ->
Please do give more detail of the different terms and conditions that have to be agreed by 1000s of buyers and suppliers by March 29.
WTO rules apply as a default so chaos is likely with anything that's just in time type supply, such as perishable produce. But in non perishables it's going to be the case that there is at least a few weeks supply already here. Which will give time to agree emergency T&Cs until the next batch is due. There will be price rises of perishables we are not self-sufficient in. Although many have a lead time.

Radioactive isotopes were a big issue. I think they were planning a work around for that.

The main chaos will be with services. There are no clear default rules.

The best thing would be to delay the March 29th deadline and agree a proper deal.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2019, 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by big ben ->
I agree 100% Just think about it. Train fares rise to the highest level in Europe. We moan and complain but accept it.
Energy prices rise to record levels, higher than anywhere else in Europe. We moan and complain but accept it.
Billions of pounds are poured into overseas aid while our own people are suffering poverty and have to rely on things like food banks to stay alive. We moan and complain but accept it.
Essential services like police and care for the elderly and sick are being cut to the bone while vast sums of money are being paid as bonus,s to business executives who fail in their jobs. We moan and complain but accept it.
Council tax is forever rising yet the services some are getting from their councils is being reduced. We moan and complain but accept it.
Perhaps nationwide riots and protests would be a good thing and maybe bring to the attention of the ruling parties that the country has had enough of being trodden down.
You mean like Venezuela? I'm not sure riots are the answer Ben but I understand your frustration...withholding taxes like Meg suggested might be effective though
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2019, 11:41 AM

Good post Ben....
You forgot the big money pit that is HS2, even though everybody in the country is contributing only commuters from London and Birmingham will have about about twenty minutes slashed off their journey time.....Is that really acceptable when the road network is full of potholes and endless rows of bollards, and the rail network is a joke.....But never mind, businessmen [the only ones who can afford the fare] will be home in time for their tea.....

And who says we should accept driverless cars on our roads? And why must we cease to drive diesels to reduce pollution when the convoys of diesel engined lorries stretch from Folkstone to the Scottish borders and beyond.....So book me a seat on the protest coach down to London [on another diesel] and I'll dust off my yellow jacket....
Banchory
Kent
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2019, 03:37 PM

I understand where you’re coming from but what does any of that have to do with the EU?

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top