Join for free
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2019, 12:24 PM

Why we must Leave.

Hi

A personal view.

Often described as a Remainer in disguise, I am not.

We could have made the EU very good for us, in the same way France and Germany have.

We didn't and that is solely down to our Politicians.

They have sold us down the river time and time again.

Both France and Germany consistently do not comply with EU Rules, but no action is taken against them.

In a very minor way, never been a Principle, I had the French over a barrel, a complete win win.

All to do with automatically returning illegals back to France, at no cost to ourselves.

Overruled by our current Prime Minister when she was Home Secretary.

We have had a Referendum, the ordinary people had a vote, Yes or No.

We voted No.

We must leave, anything else is just plain wrong.

It is not Democracy to change it.

Have our Politicians made a complete mess of it?

Yes.

Is it going to hurt far more than it should have done, yes?

The principal is vitally important.

We voted Leave, our Politicians have to respect that and deliver it.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2019, 12:56 PM

Re: Why we must Leave.

Morning Swimmy, unfortunately, I've completely given up on our Politicians respecting and delivering the result of the Referendum long ago.
The motley crew that the people of this country voted in to act on behalf of the wishes and needs of their constituents, instead, live in La La Land, London, the House of Commons, collecting a nice salary, far removed from the cries of protestations from the people and their responsibility towards acting on their behalf. They are all a national disgrace and I wish the whole blessed lot of them could be sacked.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2019, 05:45 PM

https://www.makevotesmatter.org.uk/n...representation

Politicians are admitting the fptp is very clearly unfair and needs to go. No 'safe' seats for complacent MP's expecting to walk back into Westminster, because their constituents have no real choice. Our MP has not changed in years.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2019, 07:58 PM

They are all a load of T-----s IMO .
And it still drags on , as for that woman May well I cannot express my opinion of her for fear of being chucked off the Forum.

fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2019, 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by APRICOT ->
They are all a load of T-----s IMO .
And it still drags on , as for that woman May well I cannot express my opinion of her for fear of being chucked off the Forum.

Are you trying to say they are a bunch of tossers and May is a spineless cretin?..
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2019, 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I had the French over a barrel, a complete win win.
What - single handedly, Swimmy? Wow - our very own James Bond.
Unsure
UK
Unsure is male  Unsure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2019, 11:09 PM

Hi

Have our Politicians made a complete mess of it?

Yes.

Is it going to hurt far more than it should have done, yes?

The principal is vitally important.

We voted Leave, our Politicians have to respect that and deliver it.

Are you saying there are no benefits to leaving?

You know Ireland had 2 votes and I think there's a good chance we could have a second referendum.

I voted leave but I'm afraid I think now I would change my mind given the chance. Democracy isn't limited to once a life time choices. Things change and perceptions change.

For me I voted leave because I thought by leaving we would regain some sovereignty but it seems as soon as you sign up to a bilateral trade deal with any country then you have to have some regulatory alignment to make it work. It starts with small things like we have to have the same pallet sizes and same labelling standards and ends up with complicated customs unions and law.

For example, if we sign up a bilateral trade deal with USA they will want USA corporations to be able to hold our government to account and sue us if we threaten their profits. We may as well stick with the EU. At least we had some say.

India has already indicated that they want immigration to the UK as part of the deal.

I also thought we would have access to many more parts of the globe but now it seems the EU, USA and China are gobbling it all up.

British sovereignty through Brexit is an illusion and I think we were sold a pup. We may as well stay put.

We need another referendum and this time we need a grown up debate.
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2019, 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
It's all gone to pot since Swimmy sauntered off in to the sunset shaking his Vodka and Martini.

Or maybe he's TM's secret weapon!!

Watch This Space!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2019, 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Hi

Nope, nothing like James Bond at all.

The boring Geek stuff, all to do with Immigration and exchange of information.

Highly technical and boring.

However it would have meant that we could have sent all illegals back to France with no problems.

Our Politicians , AKA Theresa May, decided otherwise.

We are now suffering the consequences.

Three years and £135 million down the drain.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2019, 04:58 PM

Hi

Nope, nothing like James Bond at all.

Damn - another illusion shattered!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top