Join for free
Page 2 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2013, 05:01 PM

Re: Hair loss !

Originally Posted by Nobaggage ->
When my dogs hair looks dry I add a little olive oil to there food for a week or so soon has then looking shiney again.... maybe it will work for tigers too ;0)
You little devil you Cheetah please....
Nobaggage
Cornwall UK/ Carcassonne France
Nobaggage is female  Nobaggage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2013, 05:05 PM

Tee hee........ x
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2013, 03:02 AM

I'm reading more and more about the effects of gluten so I googled hair loss and came up with this gal's blog http://glutenfreegirl.com/symptoms-of-celiac-and-gluten-sensitivity/

If you search the article you'll find 3 or 4 people posting their experiences with related issues and hair loss. Might be worth asking for further testing if some of this sound familiar.
Fogey
Shropshire
Fogey is male  Fogey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2013, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by Nobaggage ->
When my dogs hair looks dry I add a little olive oil to there food for a week or so soon has then looking shiney again.... maybe it will work for tigers too ;0)
Do you think that will give Pats a wet nose as well?
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2013, 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by Fogey ->
Do you think that will give Pats a wet nose as well?
As you're a guy - I'll let you off with that quip....
If this problem ever happens to a loved one of yours, learn to be a little more sensitive will ya.....
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

14-03-2013, 11:48 AM

Thanks for the link Annie...
Fogey
Shropshire
Fogey is male  Fogey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2013, 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by Pats CG ->
As you're a guy - I'll let you off with that quip....
If this problem ever happens to a loved one of yours, learn to be a little more sensitive will ya.....
Sorree!
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2013, 01:16 PM

Thanks Meg - I will consider the thyroid check, I'm sure it is stress as it coincides with that... I could have offered my hair last year, thick and wavy it was, always had very strong, good hair, has been such a shock....
I've added Almonds to my list...
A visit to a trichologist would be able to tell you if the base of the hair shaft is damaged in some way due to whatever cause (it should, apparently, look like a spring onion if it is healthy) but the iron intake is a good suggestion and to strengthen your hair, eat one cube of jelly a day and take a very strong Vit B + C (need that for the B to be absorbed properly). Hair takes around 3 months to recover so no quick fix sadly. I had the same problem in my 20s and the advice given above came from a trichologist and my hair returned to normal after a few months. When I get stressed now and my hair starts falling out, out comes the jelly and vit bottles and so far, it has corrected it.

Good luck Pats and I hope everything returns to normal quickly
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

14-03-2013, 01:41 PM

Thank you so much Karen... very grateful to you, will do as you suggest.. x
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2013, 01:44 PM

Thank you so much Karen... very grateful to you, will do as you suggest.. x
I hope it works Pats - the jelly is to strengthen the hair (you get great nails as well - what a bonus ), haven't got a clue what the B vits do as I didn't think to ask at the time. Will message you about the B Vits as it could be a bit too much info on here

If it persists though, I hope you get it looked at.

Page 2 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top