Join for free
Page 3 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2013, 01:48 PM

Re: Hair loss !

Its OK Karen - I'm already on the B Vits - thanks gal.....x
Myth and Magic
UK
Myth and Magic is female  Myth and Magic has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2013, 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by Pats CG ->
Due to stress Pats is losing her hair. What is left is thin and dry... This has made me even more stressed - not good, have tried so many products to no avail. UJ - you mentioned bay rum - have just ordered that !
Any suggestions would be very welcome.....Pats
Hi Pats, hope the stress is subsiding; I had the hair problem following illness, the advice I followed was not to wash hair so often - give up using conditioner and use a hair mask once a week - made me stop using a medicated shampoo and replaced with good hair repair shampoo - I still have fine hair but at least it is not dry and breaking off.

I still cannot bear the thought of going to the hairdresser because those young girls always want to pull your hair out.

I would try everyone's advice because hair takes a long time to grow out and there is no point in waiting to see if something worked.

Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2013, 04:46 PM

Thanks Maggie - believe me I am trying everything !
Agree on hair washing - once a week and hair oil in between....
Also, agree on hairdressers - ugh - they are just not as proficient as they used to be !
Nobaggage
Cornwall UK/ Carcassonne France
Nobaggage is female  Nobaggage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2013, 05:02 PM

Pats you need to get rid of the thing that is causing the stress or learn a way to handle it before you take on repairs..... How about yoga ?
When I feel very stressed I lay comfy on my bed and breath in and out deeply and slowley and count each breath and have no other thoughts ...
I agree about the jelly
Plus more oily foods like oily fish and nuts
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

14-03-2013, 05:05 PM

I know re stress - I am really trying to let go and keep things calm, not get so involved - unless absolutely necessary. As for the Jelly, how do you know about it Bags - is it the gelatine....
Nobaggage
Nobaggage is female  Nobaggage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2013, 05:14 PM

The gelatine is good for the growth of the root ...I hate to suggest that you pull a hair out by its root but next time one does get pulled out look at the white blob at the end it should be plumb if the root is weak then it may be more diet related
Things You Need for Healthy Hair

Water

Water makes up one-fourth of the weight of a hair strand and it is key ingredient for silky and shiny hair. Make sure to drink at least eight glasses (two liters) of water daily.

Protein

Protein strengthens the hair shaft and reduces the possibilities of hair splitting and breaking. It is necessary to stop hair splitting and breaking to ensure long and thick hair. Fish, meat, milk, eggs, cheese, nuts, and cereals are good source of protein.

Vitamins

Vitamin A benefits skin and scalp, where as vitamin B and C strengthen hair strands and promote blood circulation on the scalp. Vitamin E is also very important for your hair, it gives color and ensures long and thick hair. Fruit, green vegetables, cereals, eggs, milk, bread are good source of vitamins.

Minerals

Iron helps oxygen to reach hair roots. Red meat and dark green vegetables are good source of iron. Zinc not only builds hair protein, but also prevents hair loss. Zinc is found abundantly in sea food and meat. Copper helps hair pigmentation and optimizes natural hair color. Shellfish, liver, fresh vegetables, nuts, seeds and meat are good source of minerals. Minerals are necessary for long and thick hair.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

14-03-2013, 05:29 PM

I have seen the roots and they look fine.... So - I guess a bit of yoga is called for
This forum has helped me - nothing better than laughter to take away the 'blues' - right gal
Nobaggage

14-03-2013, 05:32 PM

Tis true.....
I just had one ...hubby is watching Attenbrough on Africa while im on the puter... Not really paying any attention.
I heard him say the gay animlas are preparing for the night !!!! and my head snapped up to see what they were doing when I realised he said Game !!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

14-03-2013, 05:37 PM

Thats exactly what I mean
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2013, 06:06 PM

I've always had thin, fine, greasy, weedy hair and it's certainly not improving with age. I now have kidney disease so do not want to 'up' my protein.
I usually take vit B complex, omega 3 and garlic capsules/tabs.
Cheese, my former passion, is out because of my high cholesterol (inherited).

So does anyone have any suggestions for improving my hair ?
I use a thickener and perm it (at home) sometimes but perms don't seem to increase the thickness any more. Think they've changed the formula. I never go to hairdressers because they do awful things to me lol

Page 3 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top