Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2013, 10:38 AM

Teeth Whitening

Last year I decide it was time to whiten my teeth, which were looking very yellow and yukkie but having read the horror stories about the Zoom whitening process you can have done at the Dentist, I opted to do the whitening at home with custom-made trays and 'DayWhite ACP' 9'5% bought from my Dentist.

It cost slightly less than the Zoom whitening (still expensive) and after 2-3 weeks I was fairly happy.
I could have bought more of the product and carried on but my Dentist couldn't guarantee that my teeth would lighten further.
As money is always an issue and my teeth were looking reasonable, I decided to call it a day.

This year, I started to wonder if they might lighten more, searched the internet and found the same product at a very reasonable price. Sadly they don't ship Day White to the UK because of the Hydrogen Peroxide but I found several places selling 'Nite White ACP' (Carbamide Peroxide).

Further research told me that a higher concentration of Nite White is necessary to achieve the same results and this needs to be left on the teeth longer.

http://www.beamingwhite.co.uk/carbam...rogen-peroxide

Nite White at 16% can be left in overnight. This suits me perfectly and my teeth are definitely whiter now.
I've been using it for a few weeks and am about to buy another 3 syringes.
At just over £20 (Amazon) I feel it's well worth it.

Anyone else used these products ?
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2013, 11:36 AM

Re: Teeth Whitening

Don't overdo it Rachel. Whitish teeth look fine but when they are dazzling white they look ridiculous.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2013, 11:46 AM

I once whitened my teeth Rachel with much the same product you are thinking about now - you can also buy a toothpaste (available from a place in Scotland that will ship it to you) called Opalescence that reduces the number of times you need to sleep with the gum sheild things in. Alan makes a good point: I stopped whitening my teeth when a man I was dating said 'wow - did you know your teeth glow in the dark' that's when I realised I'd overdone it Don't go all American and end up with Dulux white teeth - I look back at photos of myself now and cringe at those brilliant white teeth, keep it natural looking
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2013, 12:07 PM

Thanks both
My Dentists says that using bleach can only return teeth to their original whiteness, which in my case is not a stark white.

The toothpastes I tried had no effect on my gnashers but I'll certainly investigate Opalescence, it sounds interesting.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2013, 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
Thanks both
My Dentists says that using bleach can only return teeth to their original whiteness, which in my case is not a stark white.

The toothpastes I tried had no effect on my gnashers but I'll certainly investigate Opalescence, it sounds interesting.
It was recommended to me by my dentist in Spain and it did work so that was a nice surprise! Hope it works for you.
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2013, 01:39 PM

Nothing looks worse than over whitened teeth, they are usually accompanied by orange skin. bloody awful.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2013, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by Jimmy ->
Nothing looks worse than over whitened teeth, they are usually accompanied by orange skin. bloody awful.
Oh Gawd thats a cracker
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2013, 03:40 PM

I had a laugh thanks Karen. What a whammy for you.
Mind you I agree with you all. Its only the Yanks who seem to
want to have those false looking whiter than white teeth.
And Simon Cowell of course.
Mine have always been a creamy looking colour never had white.
If its true what Rachel says then it would certainly be a waste of money
for me.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK

06-04-2013, 04:19 PM

Cream is a good colour ...nice and natural

Simon Cowell's are probably veneers

I have used Blanx toothpaste. My OH was recommended to try it by the Dentist because he was a smoker (cigars) it but it didnt do a thing for me.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2013, 04:24 PM

Theres a difference between cream and yellow - cream is nice - white too stark

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top