Join for free
Page 3 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2013, 01:54 PM

Re: New Breed of Statins

Originally Posted by vivity ->
So if you hear more about these new ones can you keep us up to date on here? It could be a life saver.
I will do vivity
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2013, 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by Grumblewagon ->
I ask, "But isn't there an increase in 'all cause' mortality' if you go below 5?"
What is that?
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK

03-10-2013, 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by lavander ->
I took different statins for a number of years...until i had great difficulty walking upstairs....my arms and legs were so weak and sore....nurse took blood for testing...gp said there was nothing wrong.....i stopped the statins....myself over 2 years ago....and feel a lot better...but i think some of the damage they cause never goes away.....so i'll stick to my low fat diet....no one will ever persuade me to take statins again
My husband had exactly the same problem regardless of which statin they put him on; he went from being very physically active to hobbling and only being able to walk short distances. There were other effects as well.
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2013, 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
It may be a sweeping generalisation but pretending all other GPs are great and the NHS is wonderfully enlightened is not exactly looking at the situation realistically either. I hear people from other GP surgeries having the same problems we do and post on forums where we dieters and type 2 diabetics all have the same experiences of our GPs being useless when we need help.
I haven't seen anyone on here who has said that Julie.

Just as you speak as you find, so do others.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2013, 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by Pats ->
I haven't seen anyone on here who has said that Julie.

Just as you speak as you find, so do others.
And that's fine just don't put my experiences down as rubbish is all I ask.
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2013, 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by ben-varrey ->
But that won't cure genetically inherited illnesses and high cholesterol can be one of them (which is the cause of mine, statins didn't alter it one iota) - not all people with high cholesterol have that problem because of diet and lack of exercise. For me, this is the problem with modern medicine - it takes one view and sticks with it regardless of whether it is applicable to a given patient or not and, imo, that is just lazy work practice and can have a tendency to blame the patient for everything if it can.
I didn't say that it would b~v

And you too are making a 'sweeping generalisation' about medicine as that is not how it operates at all.

I can only remain amazed about the standards that some seem to be experiencing in their areas.
Pats
Lincolnshire

03-10-2013, 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
And that's fine just don't put my experiences down as rubbish is all I ask.
I have never done that...if anything, it has been the other way round.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK

03-10-2013, 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by Pats ->
I didn't say that it would b~v
I didn't say you did - it was just a comment that statins won't improve all forms of high cholesterol.

And you too are making a 'sweeping generalisation' about medicine as that is not how it operates at all.
Aren't you making sweeping generalisations that how medicine operates is only the way you know it? You may work in a hospital but not all of us are strangers to them or how they work and what their approach is when we are there as patients.

I can only remain amazed about the standards that some seem to be experiencing in their areas.
Given the number of complaints received by MPs regarding primary healthcare, I would suspect it is more frequent than you seem to think.
Pats
Lincolnshire

03-10-2013, 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by ben-varrey ->
I didn't say you did - it was just a comment that statins won't improve all forms of high cholesterol.
I agree....can't think why you would think otherwise.

Aren't you making sweeping generalisations that how medicine operates is only the way you know it? You may work in a hospital but not all of us are strangers to them or how they work and what their approach is when we are there as patients.
Not at all, I am neither blinkered or stupid and I have never said that everything is perfect..

Given the number of complaints received by MPs regarding primary healthcare, I would suspect it is more frequent than you seem to think.
I haven't stated that it is infrequent or that it doesn't happen.

Unlike some who tar all areas and all aspects with the same brush.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2013, 08:01 AM

Well you certainly manage to make it sound like my experience is unique and very different from the rest of the country, I would suggest it's far from unique and many people have similar problems. Hells bells some people don't even survive their experiences with the NHS !

Page 3 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top