Join for free
Page 9 of 9 « First < 7 8 9
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2015, 11:59 PM

Re: Depression

Originally Posted by stevmk2 ->
Well I have seen the doctor now and she wanted to sign me off work immediately.
That surprised me because I don't like to make a fuss and I do feel a bit silly about it all.

I was honest and truthful but as I told her everything I saw her reaction and for a moment or two I thought she may have thought I was a malingerer or something - I am the kind of person that'll put up with all sorts so this whole experience now is hard for me to talk about.

She asked me if I felt better for telling her and, strangely, I did.

It was a sense of relief that I felt.

I resisted the signing-off, much to my wife's annoyance.

We're short-staffed at work and I feel I need to do my bit for the residents, (NOT the management!), so I have agreed to take time off from Thursday-next as I'd intended to do a while back.

I will go back to the doctor on the 10th of April to see what she thinks.
I've also got an appointment now to see someone I know about support for my deafness and the MK Carers have responded to my query and advised that Yes, my wife should register with them as my Carer!

At this moment I don't know how it'll all turn out but I do feel much better having talked to people.

The Doctor's not forcing any decisions on meds either, which did worry me,for reasons I don't really want to go into.

We are going to Devon to see family, my grandson etcetera and I feel very upbeat about that. stevmk2
I wish you well Steve and hope that you start feeling better. The thing about depression is that, like any illness, it can get better. You definitely sound more positive which is a good thing. It'll be lovely for you to see your family

Page 9 of 9 « First < 7 8 9

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top