Join for free
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2015, 04:26 PM

Re: Diabetic foot problems

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
I use one of those thingys that keeps the covers off yer feet and lower legs .........
I must admit I often think of getting one.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2015, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by Tachyon ->
I must admit I often think of getting one.
I would never be able to get sleep without one - the adjustable height is the best idea, don't wanna be sleeping under a mountain
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2015, 06:23 PM

Thanks for the reply s, im a Type 2 since 2000, of late my right hand foot has started to cause problems. Mainly very dry and cracked skin around the heel and big toe, with some splitting open around the toe area. Im not sure if its due to diabetes, or the fact i have been unable to get out much and so the skin has not worn down naturally.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2015, 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Thanks for the reply s, im a Type 2 since 2000, of late my right hand foot has started to cause problems. Mainly very dry and cracked skin around the heel and big toe, with some splitting open around the toe area. Im not sure if its due to diabetes, or the fact i have been unable to get out much and so the skin has not worn down naturally.
Nom Dad use E45 cream on his legs and feet to keep them moist. Once the skin dries out that is when the cracks and problems start.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2015, 06:46 PM

I`m not a medic but those symptoms do not sound like diabetes related circulation problems.

See your doc about dermatology.
Victors Mate
Fondly Remembered
Planet Earth
Victors Mate is male  Victors Mate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2015, 06:54 PM

Eumovate cream or ointment used in conjunction with Cetraben cream might be what be right for you.
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2015, 11:45 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
I use one of those thingys that keeps the covers off yer feet and lower legs .........
ah! a man!
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2015, 06:49 AM

Thanks folks will look into the suggestions of the creams.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2015, 01:58 PM

I am a foot health care professional . Some important advice for you

Firstly if you have toe nail cutting problems do find someone like myself to do them for you , in growing toe nails are serious especially for diabetics on insulin.

Any sores or dry skin must be looked at . Keep feet well creamed , good foot care creams can be bought at chemist . If you have open sores you must go to your doctor . Hard skin on feet can split open , you really must see a chiropodist who can pear this off and make your feet more healthy. The difference between a chiropodist and podiatrist is a chiropodist can use a scalpel for paring and cutting.

Most doctors surgeries won't do toe nail cutting now , unless your a diabetic on insulin who has foot problems and little feeling in feet or toes . Should you start to have less feeling in your feet go tell your doctor , it's important , because if you have blisters or corns which turn nasty it will be a huge problem .

Hope this helps
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland

14-04-2015, 02:27 PM

Thanks Susan, im not on insulin, or any diabetic medication, thats a long story.And i do have a measure of lost feeling in fingers and toes. I am wondering if anyone knows of any products that can soften the hard skin, that grows quite thick. It was several years before i was asked if i had visited the Podiatrist, after answering no, was duly sent by the clinic. On arrival said podiatrist looked puzzled, took a scalpel and duly trimmed a quarter of an inch sliver of skin from my toe, and stated she could not understand why i had been sent. as you may gather i have little faith in the diabetic care ive received so now i try to find my own solutions.

That way i cant be accused of being a scrounger on the welfare service.

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top