Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Abbey
Chatterbox
Scotland UK
Abbey is female  Abbey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2015, 01:22 PM

Goodbye to Nancy

Today I had to say goodbye to lovely Nancy . She had been suffering from kidney failure for some time and in the last few days her appetite had gone and she wasn't happy anymore .

We got Nancy from a local rescue three and a half years ago .
She was old when we got her and had been in two different rescues unable to get a home .
We will never now how she ended up in rescue at her age .
The man in the rescue advised us she was not a good choice as she was so grumpy .
However there was something about her and for me no other cat would do
My husband was less impressed and it must have taken him a full week to be completely besotted like me .
She came into a house with four dogs and another cat and stayed up high for a couple of weeks assessing the situation .

After that she settled into a quiet routine and was never any bother to anyone . She never left our garden and snoozed happily in the sun on nice days . The rest of the time she was happy in the conservatory .

I will miss my lovely Nancy and I wish she could have been with us for longer
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2015, 01:37 PM

Re: Goodbye to Nancy

RIP Nancy...

(((hugs to you Abbey))))
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2015, 01:39 PM

It is always painful saying goodbye to a pet for the last time
They expect little but give so much ...
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2015, 01:40 PM

Thank goodness you came along Abbey
Happier days for Nancy with you x
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2015, 01:52 PM

It is never easy saying goodbye to a loved one. At least her last few years were good ones with you Abbey. She sure was a beauty.
Marj
England
Marj is female  Marj has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2015, 02:06 PM

So sorry to read you have lost Nancy.

I am so pleased she found a loving family and lived her last few years with a family who loved her.

Hugs Marj
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2015, 02:11 PM

So sorry Abbey, it is heartbreaking to lose a much loved pet. You have my sympathy.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2015, 03:03 PM

What a beautiful cat! It is hard to part with a beloved pet, Abbey, but you must have made her last years very happy.
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2015, 03:10 PM

So sorry to hear of the sad loss of your Nancy. Much love is coming your way from myself and the many other pet lovers on this site. Most of us know the awful feeling of losing a friend.
Abbey
Chatterbox
Scotland UK
Abbey is female  Abbey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2015, 03:17 PM

Thank you for all your replies . This is a tough day for us and our other cat Vinnie is looking for her constantly and seems very distressed .

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top