Join for free
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2016, 09:12 AM

Re: Styes

Originally Posted by EZ Rider ->
Wot on earth is a stysty?
It is a sty that has two entrances
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2016, 09:14 AM

Oh right. That had me Stymied.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2016, 09:40 AM

Oh right. That had me Stymied.
You are very good with words but I think Joan is wondering if you are as good with washing up!
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2016, 12:16 PM

It sounds a weird trick, but you might want to try this.
I use it on my dog when he gets an eye infection (vet told me about it) and it always works. Might help till you can see your Doctor.

http://www.styestreatment.com/tea-bags-for-styes.html
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2016, 07:53 PM

My god, my sty is not as bad as that, I hope Carol's isn't. Teabags may very well work, mine is actually going down now by itself.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2016, 10:31 PM

Seems to me any sty related problem should be forwarded to Morticia.
there is no such thing as a clean sty.
Not a lot of help that, was it?
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2016, 11:21 PM

I've been putting a lot of heat on it and it seems to have done the trick. I woke up this morning to find my stye had burst - it's still inflamed but not so painful as it was.

I went to the pharmacist yesterday & he gave me some Chloramphenicol ointment. I shall continue with the heat & ointment until all signs of it have gone.

I am also going to be more strict with my eyelid hygiene. I've got chronic blepharitis and am supposed to clean my eyelids with cotton bud & baby shampoo every day.

Thanks for all the helpful remarks everyone.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England

30-05-2016, 05:29 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->
I've been putting a lot of heat on it and it seems to have done the trick. I woke up this morning to find my stye had burst - it's still inflamed but not so painful as it was.

I went to the pharmacist yesterday & he gave me some Chloramphenicol ointment. I shall continue with the heat & ointment until all signs of it have gone.

I am also going to be more strict with my eyelid hygiene. I've got chronic blepharitis and am supposed to clean my eyelids with cotton bud & baby shampoo every day.

Thanks for all the helpful remarks everyone.
Glad it is on the mend Carol
Gabi
Lancs,.
Gabi is female  Gabi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2016, 06:53 AM

As a child in the forties I was really troubled with styles all across my eyes. I was taken to bed in a blindfold of tea leaves that didn't do any good just frightened me as I use to sit on the bed wait till my mam came to get me up in the morning. I was forever at the clinic until one day a doctor came in looked at me asked the nurse how long I'd been going there with these bad eyes every week she tells him. Anyway he solved the problem it was the eyelashes at the outside eye that was growing like a dolls straight down so every time I blinked the lashes were catching my eyeballs.....Solution lashes trimmed every week till they behaved, what blessed relief for me and my mam....I never had any trouble until I was in my fifties the hospital plucked two lashes out and I've been fine since.
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2016, 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by Docholliday ->
Sorry Pats but the gold ring tip worked for me😀
Your stye was probably on the way out anyway, as most styes get better without any treatment within a few days or so..

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top