Join for free
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 > Last »
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2016, 05:07 PM

Rollator.

Im considering getting a Rollator, it will fold up and has a seat. My walking is not improving and it will be better than a stick.

Has anyone used one and if so any problems or things i should look for. ?
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2016, 05:10 PM

Re: Rollator.

What's a Rollator ? Is it like a skateboard ?
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2016, 05:15 PM

Something like this Malcolm.

Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2016, 05:20 PM

Some of the people at work used to use these Nom, or the ones with the seats on, so they could sit and have a rest if they needed to.
All I can say is they seemed to find them very helpful.

If I was you, I'd go to a mobility shop and try some first, see if you feel you'd get on with it OK before you part with your pennies.

Another thing to consider perhaps is, feel the weight of it, because then you know if you would be able to fold it and get on the bus ok.
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2016, 05:22 PM

You say 'used' to use .... What happened ?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2016, 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by malcolm ->
You say 'used' to use .... What happened ?

I meant when I 'used' to work in care. I am retired now.
Nothing more than that.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland

23-07-2016, 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Some of the people at work used to use these Nom, or the ones with the seats on, so they could sit and have a rest if they needed to.
All I can say is they seemed to find them very helpful.

If I was you, I'd go to a mobility shop and try some first, see if you feel you'd get on with it OK before you part with your pennies.
I did that this morning Mups, i was just wondering if anything is prone to fail, that kind of info is something personal experience can tell. It may have its uses, and in time may no longer be needed but im struggling now with only the stick.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

23-07-2016, 05:29 PM

I'm not surprised you are struggling with the stick, as it doesn't give you proper equal support, so you are probably over using one side, which will create more problems.

I have never had to use one so I'm afraid cannot help you with personal experience. I have just had an idea though, I wonder if you could hire one for a month or whatever, and see how you get on with it first?
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland

23-07-2016, 05:34 PM

Have not got a month probably just next week now, struggled to find this place up here. Wondering if people get bad backs with the posture involved.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

23-07-2016, 05:43 PM

I do not understand what you mean. What is happening next week?
If you mean about moving house and it is to be within the next few days, maybe it would be better to wait until you are settled in and then sort it out?

Surely the district nurse, podiatry, or someone at the hospital can get you one?

Regarding bending forward, you need one with height adjustable handles, so you should be able to walk upright, same with walking frames. You are right, it would cause problems if you were constantly bent forward to walk.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top