Join for free
Page 5 of 8 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2018, 01:09 PM

Re: A rant by Besoeker

I walk our dog at full 4 mph walking pace for 30 minutes, if she were on the lead, given all the sniffing she does, the same walk would take 3 hours. Some times, I am 200 metres ahead of her, so, often I have to walk 200 metres back if she does a dump.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2018, 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
I walk our dog at full 4 mph walking pace for 30 minutes, if she were on the lead, given all the sniffing she does, the same walk would take 3 hours. Some times, I am 200 metres ahead of her, so, often I have to walk 200 metres back if she does a dump.
Yep. That's why I like to have mine within line of sight. And a pocket full of (empty) poo bags.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2018, 01:17 PM

I had a rant at someone this morning.
Why people think it's acceptable to walk dogs without leads on roads is beyond me!
They pretend they're clever, "training" dogs to walk uncontrolled, not next to them but wandering ahead and intimidating other dogs by standing over them, hackles raised.
Poor Dolly gets terrified, all you get is, "they only want to play (or say hello)".
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2018, 01:23 PM

My dog is never off the lead by roads etc, don't matter how well trained they are, she takes no notice of other dogs away from the house, it is a different matter if one passes by the end of the garden.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

15-09-2018, 01:25 PM

She let next door but one's dog into the house a couple of years ago, but, would not let him out again.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2018, 01:30 PM

I don't walk on roads.
A lead would not be a practical proposition here.

tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2018, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
I don't walk on roads.

If you are walking in a public area it should be on a lead, in case it attacks someone. I think the law should make it mandatary.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK

15-09-2018, 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
If you are walking in a public area it should be on a lead, in case it attacks someone. I think the law should make it mandatary.
That picture of him wading IS a public place.
Do you really think he should have been on a lead there?
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2018, 02:00 PM

I don't walk on roads.

I'm not saying ,Besoeker,that your dog would attack another,I always keep my dog on a lead,unfortunately he was attacked,some years ago,by a dog that was off a lead,in a very public field,what if that had been a child?..it has put me off taking him to public places,where dogs are off leads,I take him along the main road now,obviously on the pavement,imo,all dogs are unpredictable in certain areas.you can never know 100% how they will react around certain dogs/children.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

15-09-2018, 02:01 PM

That picture of him wading IS a public place.
Do you really think he should have been on a lead there?

Tara knew you would "Bite".

Page 5 of 8 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top